Has Anybody Tried This Router DC From Oneida Air Systems?

Has anybody tried this vacuum attachment for routers?
https://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXH000001
The manual appears to be well written, which is always a plus.
https://www.oneida-air.com/pdf/router-hood-manual-8x11-2017.pdf
I can't understand the manual that came with my broom.
On 1/27/18 8:07 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What are you waiting for? Buy it! It looks great. The only thing I can think of that would improve it would be some sort of spring that held the shroud in the forward position where most bit through their chips.
Other than that, it looks like it got 95%+ of the sawdust. Considering a decent acrylic router base is easily 20 bucks, the price seems great, too.
--

-MIKE-

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 9:25:54 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

Well, I was kind of hoping that the vacuum chute came with one of these...
https://www.festoolusa.com/products/routing/routers/574692---of-1400-eq-f-plus-usa

The term "universal" always makes me take pause. I know it just relates to the various hole patterns in the base, but you know how most "does it all" gadgets typically don't do any one thing very well.
I've got a bunch of face frames and shelf edging to cleanup. I might give it a try. Just checking to see if anyone already has.
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:07:06 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

$35, nice.

The disappointing thing is that you can't use guide bushings with it. I was impressed by the FAQ, though. The answer to most of the questions was "No". ;-)
I also thought it interesting that the compatibility chart showed "TBD" for Festool router models. ;-)

I'll have to ask if SWMBO will give you some driving tips. ;-)
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:31:20 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I just noticed that the base plate is 7" in diameter. That's about an inch bigger than the OEM plate on my PC 690. That means that either I take it off after each use or the OEM base/router no longer lives in the PC case.
Maybe I could use a flush trim bit in my trim router to "resize" the Onieda base. ;-)
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:31:20 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Did you see the review from Joe M who gave it 3 stars?
Joe purchased 2 units, one for himself and one for friend. The friend was "very impressed" with it. At the time of the review, Joe hadn't even tried his yet.
What the heck was he reviewing? What led him to give it only 3 stars?
What a maroon.
At least we can assume that Oneida doesn't filter their reviews. They took the 3 star hit for that idiotic entry.
On 1/27/2018 8:07 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My little Makita trim router has a very similar attachment. I tried it for a few moments and could not see that it was helping at all.
On 1/27/2018 8:07 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Aside from my findings with the Makita set up you might see if YouTube has a video demoing this product...
On 1/28/2018 2:53 PM, Leon wrote:

Well maybe it works!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGy2DSrJo0

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4:00:12 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Well, considering that that is the same video as on the Oneida website, I'm not surprised that it works. ;-)
This video, at 9 minutes long, spends very little time actually reviewing the product, but the guy does have a Festool vac, which is part of his "problem" with the device.
I'm pretty sure I have the correct adapter so I wouldn't run into the same issue he does.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoXytPoQ3s4

There's a couple more videos out there that give it positive reviews.