Has anybody tried these?

http://www.autovents.com/uk/index.php
These look interesting - as I only ever seem to get air in my top floor radiators I thought it may be worth putting these on - has anybody tried them?
Angela
AK wrote:

Hmm...
A correctly set uo CH system shouldn't accumulate any real quantities of gas over time. So you shouldn't need these. Seems to be they are a solution which treats symptoms, not cause.
If you have lots of gas in your system it's either hydrogen, generated as your iron/steel components corrode, or air, sucked in somewhere.
If hydrogen, then you need to stop the corrosion soon. If air, then you need to stop it being sucked in.
Reading your other post I think it's unlikely you have massive corrosion in your system. if you did, the water wouldn't be clear. So I'm guessing air is being sucked in somewhere.
--
Grunff

there's a simple test to see whether it's hydogen. Collect some of the gas in an upturned container, introduce a lighted splint, there should be a characteristic "pop".
That would at least show whether the requirement to bleed the rads continually is a result of corrosion or whether it's air being sucked in somewhere.
--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
writes

If you're continually getting air (assuming it is just air) in the system, then you really need to find where it's getting in / where you're losing water.
The above will just mask a problem which needs addressing.
Put another way - air getting in means that you are losing water which I assume contains inhibitor which is getting progressively diluted as a consequence
--
geoff

Auto air vents are for filling only. Once air is out they are supposed to be tightened up. Few people know that.

Most leak slightly if you don't anyway.
--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *