Backup, backup!

Page 3 of 9
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:55:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon

1. Xp is still supported and will be for at least another year. 2. You didnt install Agent, even though I sent it and the cheat codes to enable all its features. 3. You didnt have adequate anti-virus software running 4. You are less than intelligent.
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
On 7/28/2013 12:10 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:15:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Stormin' the top poster, likes to blow off people that don't buy into his help me, I'm a victim act. Don't ever criticize him or he will kill file you and then call you unreliable and foulmouthed every chance he gets.

As far as #4 he seems to be fully aware of that issue since he's mentioned it himself a few times. Good for him.
His whole post is a comedy of errors.
XP is not out of support and probably won't be for many years to come. MSFT will keep changing the end date.
Downloading a service pack from a non-MSFT site is truly insane. What would you expect to get, but a load of viruses?
I sincerely doubt any virus actually damaged a drive so bad it could not be formatted. Technically possible but really unlikely. The virus would have to mess with the firmware.
Poor guy. He's got to lay off the LSD, it's turning what remains of his brain to mush.
--
Dan Espen

writes:

That's LDS , and having experienced both I'm pretty sure LDS is more mind-altering .
--
Snag
Ex-Mor(m)on

See, as I was trying to say, same thing.
--
Dan Espen

On 7/28/2013 11:23 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

... Or accuse you of having been nasty to him, yet when asked to provide a message reference cite, fails to do so and can't even remember what was said that was so offensive...
--
MFB

On 07-27-2013 18:55, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It also doesn̓t spread viruses as easily as OE.
--
Wes Groleau

A pessimist says the glass is half empty.
On 7/28/2013 2:34 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Not to mention Thunderbird is far easier to use than OE, and more user configurable to boot.
--
MFB

1) can't figure out the message rules for Usenet in Thunderchicken. Just barely figuring out how to do a few things. 2) can't delete usenet messages in Thunderchicken. 3) can't read all my email accounts into one folder for Thunderchicken. Each email adress goes to a separate folder. 4) Can't read email properties in TC, like I did in OE.
On 8/1/2013 3:13 AM, Flint wrote:

So dump it and use OE
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 8/1/2013 9:37 AM, dadiOH wrote:

dadiOH
____________________________

Or the copy of Agent I sent to him. Which is far far better than OE
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of

I started using Agent when I got W7 and could not longer use OE. It works OK, gets the job done.
Recently though, someone (sorry, I forget who) mentioned Mozzilla Thunderbird Portable in this thread. I put it on a thumb drive and I'm really liking it. I use it on my netbook and my computer at work. I like the idea of portability as I can use it on any computer with a USB port and it keeps the threads up to date.

Ill check it out! Thanks!
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
On 8/3/2013 6:41 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Or MicroPlanet's Gravity Newsreader: http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/ Or SeaMonkey: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ Or Pan newsreader: http://pan.rebelbase.com/ Or XanaNews: http://xananews.en.softonic.com/
..all of which are free and pretty good. But some throwbacks seem stuck on Outhouse Express still...
--
MFB

I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up. I also still send letters via US mail, now and again. Some hand written. Greeting cards, and such, too. I happen to like my Outhouse Distress email and usenet reader.
On 8/4/2013 2:44 AM, Flint wrote:

On 8/4/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's fine and all. I have some older version software I like to hang onto as well, but then I generally don't have conflicts running them on XP, either. If I did, either XP or the software has to go. Generally it's easier for the latter to go. But then why aren't you on at least Win 7? I mean XP is only THREE OS versions behind w/Micro$not dropping support for it next year.
I still use XP on several systems and will continue to do so, but from here on out, I only use XP on POS systems I sell/set up as they're operated as 'closed' systems only, with internet access extremely limited/locked down, so there is no need to keep them in a perpetual 'OS upgrade loop'.
--
MFB

I use XP or Linux and dont have a machine running on anything else in the house, nor is it on my agenda.