Appliance Service Call Prices...WOW

So does that mean that you are pissed because someone charged you $167 to turn on a valve that you were to stupid to turn on yourself? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

That means that some "professionals" charge more than others, and some "professionals" are crooks who do shoddy work for inflated prices, taking advantage of people. And some are so rude that they need to be never called again, or if online to be killfiled. Bye.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Ditto here. Just give me plain old valves, and maybe ONLY an electronic timer and clock. But this had everything tied together electronically, even the self clean feature, which was what malfunctioned. I'll gladly flip a lever and pay $100 less. Nowadays, you really have to look for a stove with no electronics. Even the gas have electronic sparkers. I've just about decided to go with propane range top or range/stove, then a separate oversize electric oven.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have not been able to find an oven without a touch panel and electronic thermostat controls. I am still nursing along my old whirlpool oven with the mechanical clock/timer and real knobs on the front.

Reply to
gfretwell

This is mine.

Knob for start and temperature collection, knob for light and convection. One burner had two knobs, one for extreme high, the other for extreme low, or both can be used together.

No timer, no control panel an circuit board.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yup, just the same as all the restaurants, gas stations, doctors, lawyers, plumbers, etc, etc. You are really an observant idiot.

again, refer to the above paragraph. What profession doesnt have their bad group of crooks? Again, you are really and observant idiot.

Wow! You are really on a roll. Three correct statements in a row. Whooooooo, Weeeee Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Still shorting wires together to pop breakers hollerbutt?

--=20 Tekkie GRIP =3D Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Reply to
Tekkie®

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:d_1Nk.6023$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

Ditto ditto ditto.

I purchased a rebuilt washer and dryer from a recycle org some years back. They provide 30 day warranty with appliances and have a great reputation. I had the option of choosing a pair of plain jane turn the dial ones or a pair with electronic controls for the same price - $250pr. I took the dial ones.

Some years later the dial on the washer went bad. Looked up price for new one - like $105 + tax and shipping. Entire rebuilt washer only 125. Suddenly occured to me if the place rebuilds them they may have parts around. Call, tell them I bought it there, they say they have one dial, I says how much, he says how 'bout $14 total.

Shit happens. Sometimes even good shit.

Reply to
Red Green

That's called the Jesus method.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Thanks for the laugh.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's true, I have a heavy duty plug with a couple of #10 stranded wires coming out with wire nuts on the bare ends of course. I will plug it into an outlet, carefully remove the wire nuts, hold the bare ends a few inches apart, turn my head away to protect my eyes from the bright flash then short them together while exclaiming "JESUS!". A bit of loud noise and an atom bomb like flash and I have found the breaker.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Good way to fry a GFCI breaker.

Reply to
gfretwell

Would it be easier to use two hair dryers? Plug both in, turn on one and then the other. Should be enough current draw to trip a breaker.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's not as impressive or as much fun.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"We are professionals; please do not try this at home."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Again with the "we". Stormy. There is NO ONE here that is "WE" with you. You are NOT (I repeat) NOT a professional. You are NOT even remotely close You ARE A HACK! Get it? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba