Skil warranty service - wow!

I've got to post this after all the bitching and moaning I usually do about everything.

I recently had a Skil Router quit in the middle of a groove. That kind of bummed me out since although I bought it a year ago, I only had maybe 30 minutes use on it.

I bought it at a clearance sale at Home Depot, and when I asked them, they would have exchanged it for a like valued item -- which was pretty good of them seeing it was a year old. However, since the clearance price had been so low, I wouldn't have gotten anything near the router I had.

OK - so I go to skil.com and look up warranty service (it has a 2 year limited warranty) and it says to deliver it to a service center for repair. Luckily the nearest was only 80 miles away, so I UPSed it ($7) on Wednesday afternoon, and Friday evening it was on my back porch fixed at no cost!!! And I was all prepared for a few weeks of arguing and bills. Kudos to the Farmington Michigan Skil service center.

Reply to
Jim K

chances are that you could have spent only $5 on a set of brushes and had it fixed without sending it in.

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton