McMaster-Carr - Wow what service!

Ordered some UHMW poly rod from McMaster-Carr at 4:00 PM yesterday and it was delivered via UPS ground by 10:00 AM today. The shipping point was Aurora, OH and I live in western PA. Not sure how they got the stuff packaged and in the UPS system so quickly. By the way, I have nothing to do with either M-C or UPS, I am just a satisfied and somewhat amazed customer.

Reply to
TEF

At risk of being a sinner (just to keep on topic with all the other posts recently...) I'd say McMaster is the god of supply stuff around here.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I've ordered at 5PM and had delivery next day from their NJ warehouse. Many of these places are located near UPS distribution points and can ship very late.

Best was PC Connection. You could order up to 2:00 AM and have delivery that morning, They were located at the airport right next to the DHL distribution center. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They also only charge their actual shipping cost.

Reply to
klaatu

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:22:26 -0600, Joe AutoDrill wrote (in article ):

I had an order of 6" PVC couplers for my DC and some replacement number drills. I Freaked when a large box was delivered two days later, FedEx Air.

The contents was about $60, shipping....$6

8^)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in news:6BS6e.12182$Xm3.10043@trndny01:

Amen, brother.

Lately I'm building a real unusual project and I needed some specialty transfer ball bearings and some 1/4" Teflon sheet. No problem, go to the online catalog ... good search engine, easy online ordering, reasonable prices and fair shipping. The few times I've ever had to call or email them they are always efficient and courteous.

They are right up there with Lee Valley among my favorite companies to deal with.

(Std disclaimer, no association with any of the above).

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Delivery time is excellent to NW Ohio too. Viva la McMaster. Joe_Stein

TEF wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I've been a McMaster Carr fan for over 25 years. They may not have the lowest prices, but they are fair, and the stuff ALWAYS gets here in one day. They probably have the best selection and broadest product line of industrial supplies of anyone out there. A very well run company. Give them a try

babygrand