anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

Page 6 of 8

On 20 Oct 2006 09:47:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Did you have/use a lawyer when you bought the house? Contact them first. If not, good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Call your city code enforcement department. My city allows anonymous complaints, although they have a rather convoluted policy as to whether anonymous complaints become part of the permanent record.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What would you do with that information? Who cares who filed the complaint. Fix the problem. They ared doing you and your neighbors a favor.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It doesn't really matter. The object of your attention should be to discourage such rascally behavior.
So, you pick out the person who was most likely the culprit and punish him. This serves as a deterrent to others similarily inclined, plus it serves as a modest incentive to everyone else in the neighborhood to discourage such nastiness as snitching out a neighbor (it could be them that're punished instead of the actual malefactor).
This is exactly how the criminal law works.
HeyBub wrote:

Yes, be sure to hang him from the street light as an example.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

there should be contact information on the violation paperwork.
the way it should work is someone complains , they send out an inspector, The inspector determines if a violation has occured and writes a citation if required.
if you suspect a malicious intent , the department may act on your behalf if a series of complaints is not supported.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

"Act on (his) behalf" how? It is out of their purview to determine intent; unfounded complaints should simply not hold up. If it's series, the complainer gets ignored.
Banty

Yes
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

I had neighbor trouble that may help others:)
neighbor complained about our barking dogs. come to find out the one neighbor who was complaing had started a home based investment business and he didnt want the faint sound of dogs barking or even basketballs bouncing he had complained about that too. A police officer told us he was now assigned to the case, and suggested we get rid of the dogs. my wife cant have kids, she got so upset.:(
Right before that I had a issue about where the town put a stop sign in my yard, and attended a meeting complaining of the procedure they used even after they agreed to move it.
I had reputation as trouble maker:)
So I went and saw town manager:) Hi give me all rules on halfway houses and welfare relocatees:) Dont want to break any rules!!:)
He asked why I would do such a thing..... police officer wasnt following procedure. he got his head kicked in. I reported the complainer is he paying his mercantile tax on hios business:) I PAY MINE!:)
After nice chat with chief of police I NEVER got another dog barking complaint!
Neighbor sold his home and moved to a more high class place......... I got his new address and told his friends I wanted to move next door to him:) tell him that......
if you complain be sure its worth the hassle you may create for yourself. DO NOTHING WRONG FOR A LONG TIME! have a permit for replacing that downspout line?
if its a visible problem get a cam corder and record the problem so theres no question of how bad the problem was.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Dealing with the barking not an option that occurred to you?

See this is the attitude I'm talking about. "Everyone breaks the law, so you look the other way else I'll turn *you* in". Believe it or not, people *do* get permits for that downspout line.
OR - think on this - they know how to live so as not to bother their neighbors, and know how to get along, *without* depending on all their neighbors staying mum and putting up with crap. Breaking rules or not - it strikes that your neighbor's indiscretions were not bothering you, but yours were bothering him.
But the main npoint is that keeping your dogs happy and well-trained would have saved - so much hassle.
You don't sound like such a smart guy to me.
Banty
Banty wrote in message ...

would have

I've always had dogs, and never once would I have allowed my barking dog to bother my neighbors. That is just plain inconsideration and rudeness IMO. What really irritates me is some of these neighbors push you with bad behavior, like constantly barking dogs, and then try to paint you as the bad guy for complaining.
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

My neighbor with the barking dogs finally moved out. The whole neighborhood is happy. She had a file at animal control you wouldn't believe. She finally started to make a little effort to control her dogs after they killed several cats and animal control was getting a little more serious. I had to put up with being awakened almost daily by her dogs for years. Her response when I asked her to train them not to bark - "dogs bark".
Bob

Animal control departments are a complete waste of money. They do nothing. And people wonder why dogs turn up dead sometimes.

They gave her several tickets, but she sweet talked the judges out of them. I was never given the oportunity to tell the real story. Apparently she has the choice of whether the complaintent is invited to testify under the Wash. state legal system. I asked to be there. Animal control told me they could do nothing to help. It's not their fault.
Bob
wrote in message

In some towns (like mine), it's mandatory that the dog be removed upon the 3rd complaint, the the fine is a hundred something bucks - I don't recall exactly. But, the same thing happens: Animal control doesn't obey the law, and judges are weak. I recently found out why, although this is old news to people who've been trying to change the system for many years: The majority of town justices in New York State have no legal training. They were never lawyers. It sounds insane, but it's true. So, they're free to bend the law according to their own prejudices.
Cheri wrote:

I don't allow my dogs to bother neighbors either.
That's the bottom line.
Cheri wrote:

This is the last time I am saying this:
NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING TO ANYONE.
It helps relations and secures your pet's future.
Banty wrote:

theres no stopping dogs from barking when they see someone espically with a dog walking up the street....... dogs were indoors at the time.
the neighbor also filed complaints because kids walked up the street bouncing a basketball.
I have been here since 1972, new neighbor tried to make it yuppieville.
the neighbor wh complained was 3 doors away the immediate neighbors tended to come to the fence and visit with our dog........said barking wasnt a problem
since the idiot mnoved out nearly every house has at least one dog, they call to one another....
neighborhood has gone to the dogs, ours are small and realtively quiet.
unlike some neighbors we spent about 6 grand making the yard secure with a 6 foot fence. dogs running loose are a hazard to themselves and others
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Dogs should never run loose. And, cats should be in doors only.
neilyoung_at_heart snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in message

I agree so much with that. People say they love their pets, and yet they let them out. Anyone who puts their cat outside should have a kennel type device, so they can still enjoy the outdoors while being safe. Same thing with dogs. Our neighbors dog has been hit twice by cars now. It makes me sad to see animals flattened in the streets due to irresponsible owners.
Cheri