anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

The house next door to mine will be up for sale soon. I want neighbors like you! :-) I was thinking we should bring back the pillory, although caning is nice.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Also, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owner. I could never shoot either one of them, but a public caning of the owner could work. ;-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

You don't think so? Or, are you absolutely positive? Could it vary from one city to another?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A pillory would do nicely. The house next to me was up for sale not too long ago too. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if that says something about you and I? Nah, I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor. LOL

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I do walk mine for several reasons. One is to wear her out so she doesn't feel so strongly about attacking anything that moves. The other is she needs to shit. I prefer it not be in my house.

Mine is a little cute 25 lb terrier that would attack a pit bull in a heart beat if I let her. Instead I control her by dominating most aspects of her life a la "The Dog Whisperer". I am the big dog in our family. I'm also the one packing the 9mm just in case either of us is attacked out on the street.

Only homosexual dogs poo. Mine takes a dump.

Hell, they're probably the ones who set the fire. Besides, I don't call 911. That's not the coroner's number.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Most of my neighbors are ancient. I hardly ever see them. I talk to all of them, but I really need to be sure I have 9 hours set aside, so there's time to listen to a narration of 398 pictures of the grandchildren, and stories about who used to live here, and "Oh..THAT one! She's a mean woman!" Best line of all, from the old Italian lady behind my house: "I don't really want to move, but there's a black family moving in that house across the street. I got no problem with them, I just don't want to live around them". :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL, I had an old woman who recently died at 89 living next to me for many years. She was the worst gossip, and her conversations focused on her many health problems (fascinating to those that are telling them I guess) She was very nice though, kept a real eye on the neighborhood at all times, and I miss her. Anyway, the people that bought the house don't speak English well enough to tell stories, so at least no more gossip and health tales. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Help their kids learn English well, or they might grow up to be president.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Except when they're working.

Reply to
Goedjn

You mean those things that are long enough to be used as a clothes line? They just don't get what a trip hazard they are. Now some places have had to put up signs "6' maximum leash" in order to give them a clue.

Reply to
George

My brother keeps his house/property in good repair. His neighbor has a showcase lawn/garden with name tags on all of the plants etc. The neighbor would actually march down the street with the dog and the first convenient place for it to poo was my brothers driveway. He mentioned it to the neighbor and she insisted it wasn't her. He then got his camcorder and shot her doing it and put it on a DVD and gave it her. She doesn't do it anymore.

Reply to
George

It also allows the stinking dog to reach halfway into my front lawn to take a crap.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sounds about like my former neighbor. So what if they woke me up EVERY morning.

They in no way made me feel safe. They just made me wake up MAD every morning, until my health suffered badly. Lack of sleep is not healthy.

Trying to relax in my yard with constant dog barking - no chance.

Your neighbors have no reason to be pleased.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

In case you're unaware, if a dog's barking bothers the neighbors, it is the owners responsibility to correct the problem. Period.

At least where I live.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

OK, What's your limit? Would you continue to not call, no matter what they did?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Of course, especially if you want your dog to live.

Reply to
neilyoung_at_heart_2006

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Reply to
neilyoung_at_heart_2006

Care to explain what I missed?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

She said "Everyone should love my dog because I said so".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL

Reply to