anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

Page 1 of 8
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out this info?

I know it sounds crazy, but I'd call the department that handles the complaints. Everyone in this newsgroup has access to your city's records, but we're really busy today so we might not be able to check for you. What did you get written up for?

Telephone city hall and ask. Common law suggests you have a right to know what the complaint is, perhaps also the identity of the complainant.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

The reason you need to know this is _______________??
Is the violatin a valid one or not?
Banty
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

To what end? Are you planning on hunting the person down? Should we provide an alibi for you when you whack the sucker?
If whatever you did or didn't do to your house is a violation of the preservation code, were you aware of the regulations beforehand?
I just looked it up who complained, fix up your dump.
m Ransley wrote:

ROFLMAO
Besides, what difference does it make who complained?
Whenever I get a complaint, especially when unfounded, I tell my neighbor that I will try to do better, then I provide all my contact information so they can call me any time if there's something on their mind.
Other than the lipservice, I do what I please! Just be polite and tell them you're doing the best you can.

And their next step is to contact the authorities. Whereas, if you actually tried to solve the problem, it would never get to that.
Bob
The secret is being both polite and cooperative.
I get along very well with all my neighbors doing this.
Mrs. Clean
Bob F wrote:

What do you do when your neighbor tells you to go fuck yourself? Seriously.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Has your neighbor done that to you?

Yes! A naughty dog owner who later got spanked. I was polite. It didn't matter. Now, I do things differently with that category of people.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I got a noise complaint about my dogs. It was unfounded. I interviewed 11 houses surrounding me, taking statements, then providing my contact information if there's any dog noises from MY yard. I made sure all three dogs were licensed and well behaved.
The senile old complainants called code enforcement, I received the proverbial three warnings about a dog that wasn't mine over the course of 12 months. And, the final warning said, "We have advised your neighbor that he can sue you if he's still displeased." At that point, I let all my neighbors know that I'd leave him penniless if he took such unfounded action against my dogs.
I was, and remain, very careful to keep the dogs inside when I was gone and to watch constantly because my fear was poison over the fence. Things settled down when my neighbor's daughter moved out of her mother's house and took Sierra with her. At no time did Sierra's barking ever bother me. I considered it a warning to would be criminals, and felt safe when she was barking. Occasionally, Sierra visits and the barking starts all over again. I am sure to reward her with a pig ear. The only thing worse would be no Sierra. She has a rod iron gate which allows her to see and bark at everything on the street.
Dogs are a deterrent. My neighbors should be pleased that I am willing to go through the trouble of having, caring, and feeding the animals that keep THEIR homes safe.
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

I read your post two different ways. You say that you are careful about controlling the dogs and then you mention that the dog barks at everything on the street.
Dogs are a deterrent but within reason. I don't want to be in "alert mode" for hours on end each day as a dog barks at every car, squirrel and falling leaf.

Yup. I think it's an example of unclear thinking.
Two contentions:
1. I keep my dogs inside their barking doesn' bother any neighbors. 2. My dog barks at all intruders, even those near neighboring houses, thus they are a deterrent.
Huh?
Y'know, when I see this kind of thinking, I see a person trying to rationalize.

Right. And it should be a person's choice as to how they provide for that security. Alarm systems are designed to be a lot more precise than a dog that barks at whoever!
Banty
George says...

3) My dog barks at absolutely anything, and then I turn on my badly aimed floodlights, thereby blinding perfectly innocent people who are walking at night, trying to enjoy the stars.
The dogs are inside when I'm gone so if there's noise, it's not from my dogs.
Second, they are out when I'm home. Yes, they do bark occasionally at noises. But I know when and how much. I always go out when they do bark to check and see what's going on, too.
It's very simple.
Banty wrote:

says...

So, you claim that your dogs "keep the whole neighborhood safe", but they're only outside to bark when you're home :-/
So who keeps the neighborhood safe when you're away? Do people owe you only pro-rated gratitude?
Do you have a clue what your neighbors actually think of all this?
Banty

Next you'll tell us that they don't sh*t! :) (Don't get mad it's a joke)
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Yes.. VERY simple. If your dog barks once and wakes me up I'll be pissed off. It is does it occasionally, I'll report you. If it does it often then it will have an accident.