anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out this info?

Reply to
<cmply

I know it sounds crazy, but I&#39;d call the department that handles the complaints. Everyone in this newsgroup has access to your city&#39;s records, but we&#39;re really busy today so we might not be able to check for you. What did you get written up for?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

neighborhood preservation division

possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out

Telephone city hall and ask. Common law suggests you have a right to know what the complaint is, perhaps also the identity of the complainant.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

The reason you need to know this is _______________??

Is the violatin a valid one or not?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

neighborhood preservation division

by whom. Anyone know how to find out

To what end? Are you planning on hunting the person down? Should we provide an alibi for you when you whack the sucker?

If whatever you did or didn't do to your house is a violation of the preservation code, were you aware of the regulations beforehand?

RicodJour

I just looked it up who complained, fix up your dump.

Reply to
m Ransley

neighborhood preservation division

by whom. Anyone know how to find out

You sound like George Bush. Every time he gets caught doing something wrong, he tries to make the issue of the leaker more important than the thing that he did wrong. Gets quite a few clowns to go along with him, too.

Reply to
Thomas Sutter

neighborhood preservation division

by whom. Anyone know how to find out

Since you asked so nicely..... It was me. I don&#39;t like you. I&#39;ve never met you and I live a long long way away from you, but I decided you were the one to harrass. It just seemed the right thing to do at the time. It was easy. I just Googled neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division, and your name just popped right out.

Reply to
Avery

neighborhood preservation division

possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out

Response I would give. If I have neighbors that violate codes and I complain to them and they continue. I call authorities. Why do we pay taxes for code depts. and police, if they are not doing their job? And, it should be anonomous to prevent the situation where personal conflict and bodily harm could result.

Reply to
Frank

Most people would probably pick up the phone and call an agency, rather than confront the person face to face. Kind of like Usenet without the typing. :)

RicodJour

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly 'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

What difference does it make? Are you guilty of the infraction or not? If you are, you could make better use of your time fixing the problem rather than looking for the one who reported it.

I&#39;ve turned in some of my neighbors over a long period of time. It generally ends up being the same one or two all the time. They just never catch on that grass should be less than waist deep. It&#39;s not like I don&#39;t wait several weeks while the grass grows before I report it, hoping they&#39;ll eventually do the right thing. Some people are just too dense to take the hint.

I&#39;d hate for them to find out it was me. As emotional as they get, they might come over to my house trying to hurt me and I&#39;d have to shoot them. Better for everyone if they didn&#39;t know. Better for everyone if they&#39;d keep their yard cut.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I can see you&#39;re new at this. You go over to house and shoot them while they&#39;re in their yard. With waist deep grass it&#39;ll be a while before the bodies are found. :)

RicodJour

Sometimes, there&#39;s no talking to people about the most reasonable, simple things. The elderly lady across the street from me has a pair of billion watt floodlights on the front of her garage. They go on with the same switch that works the inside garage lights, which is where she keeps her recycling bins. Occasionally, she forgets to turn them off, and the floods were installed by a monkey: They&#39;re pointed straight out. The illuminate my bedroom (yeah - I have curtains) enough to actually read. Sleeping is impossible when they&#39;re on.

So, one day, I went over to ask if I could adjust the aim for her. The woman goes over the edge, telling me "I never use those lights, so I have no idea what you&#39;re talking about. I&#39;ve lived here 50 years and I&#39;ve never had a complaint. You&#39;ve got some nerve bothering me like this!" Her son, who was visiting, comes to the door and says "Ma...if you never used the lights, why would he be asking about them?" She points to the post light in the yard and says "I need that light on. It&#39;s for security and I do NOT want you touching it!" Her son says "Ma...not that light - the floodlight on the garage". Anyway....he waited for her to take a nap, ran to my house, borrowed a wrench and stepladder, and fixed the problem.

Sometimes, it&#39;s just not worth trying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

.....or eaten by crows. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Two points you omitted.

What you did.

Who turned you in. (you know or have a pretty good idea)

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

??!?

But you just told us about a case where it WAS worth trying....

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Yeah, but had the son not been there....you know what I mean. He left a day later.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That one might have been time to get out the pellet gun. If the son hadn&#39;t been there to see reason, I&#39;d have no problem whatsoever with finding a solution to my satisfaction. The old hag probably never would have even noticed.

I&#39;m so glad my biggest problems around here are overgrown vegetation and mosquito control.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I was considering just walking over there at night and unscrewing the bulbs just enough to kill the light. I consulted with my other neighbor, a sensible man who likes beer. He said "Burp....yeah. I like that idea".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom