air cleaner

Last April I had a new furnace, air conditioner, Aprilair air cleaner, and humidifier, I recently read about the recall of the air cleaners, is it my responsibility to contact Aprilair and get the kit to fix the problem, or should the furnace installer take care of the problem, after all I paid them over $8000.
lindy wrote:

I would check with the installer first. See if they know about the recall and if it applies to your specific air cleaner and what their policy is.
If you are not totally happy with their response, and you should be, then I would contact Aprilair.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Last April I had a new furnace, air conditioner, Aprilair air cleaner, and humidifier, I recently read about the recall of the air cleaners, is it my responsibility to contact Aprilair and get the kit to fix the problem, or should the furnace installer take care of the problem, .

Call the dealer and see what he is willing to do.

The dealer has nothing to do with it. The dealers have no replacements. The wholesalers (in my area) dont have anything either. It was all sent back with the recall. The replacements come directly from Aprilaire with the part, complete instructions and an 800 help number. Go to aprilaire.com and click on the recall link at the top right of the page. Fill out the info, click submit and your "present" will arrive in a few weeks. Bubba
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:41:10 -0600, "lindy"

Its easy enough to do yourself. Go to http://aprilaire.com/ Click on the safety recall in red at the top right of the page. Fill out the short form. In a few weeks your replacement will arrive. Bubba