Subject Author Posted Replies

refergeration gauges
Im not AC guy but i'd bet the word got pasted in there by accident, or it originatlly said 10 A. meaning atmospheres and someone thought it meant amps.
24
24

Behr ultra premium plus--
Does anyone here have any experience with Behr Ultra Premium Plus? - with t he paint and primer in one? I usually use the cheapest stuff with a rental property, but this time around I thought I would...
1
1

Paris allows cyclists to 'Turn Right On Red'
Not everywhere in the States. One obvious exception is in New York City (though it's OK elsewhere in New York State). The NYC exception arises out of the grid-pattern of the streets. Exactly.
2
2

What is the formula for modulus of elasticity for 1/2 inch baltic birch plywood.
I an amateur rocketeer working on a experimental two stage rocket. Majority of the parts on the rocket is made from Baltic Birch Plywood. The fins are made from Baltic Birch Plywood; the upper stage...
8
8

Chainsaw Recoil Spring
I went out to cut some wood last weekend and when I pulled the starter cord, it came out of the saw. This is a Poulon Pro 5020 AV. I took it back in to fix it but it would only recoil half way after...
5
5

Filters
Who?
20
20

heat/cold sheild
a new product is out that has a sheet of poly sandwiched between two aluminm sheets .it reflects the cold and heat from the roof from reaching through the insulation to your ceiling. also works in...

Condenser fan motor substitute
If the OP was going to call a contractor, we would not be having this conversation. OTOH bearings are about $10 each, less if you got them online (then more like a couple bucks) and would take 20...
25
25

OT Scam or no scam
Yeah. That is a PITA. Doesn't bother them though. It's really cheap.
12
12

Many of you should get a job
Too much time spent on your fat asses playing on your computers. Why not make the wife happy and get off it? Do it now before your ass really gets big.
3
3

OT, for all you cowboys
OT On the TV show Rawhide, from the 60's iirc, one or two, maybe 3 of the men, especially iirc Gil Favor the boss, had on their horse what looked like a long canvas bag, where the saddlebags would be...
25
25

Alarm Sensors Powered at 24v vs 12v
I hired a licensed alarm installer to hook up and program a Vista 120bpt pa nel along with 5 ea Honeywell 6460s & 1 Tuxedo keypads, 25 ea fg1625 glass breaks, a dozen Wiland wb200 waterbugs and 15 ea...
7
7

1932 wiring
As long as I was putting new wiring into the kitchen and was "on a roll" so to speak, I figured I might as well get rid of the last 4 runs of the original 1932 wiring. The wiring itself was still OK,...
1
1

OT Football Hall of Fame
OT According to NBCnews the Footblall Hall of Fame has a 5-year old policy that others can't give speeched for dead inductees. So what dooes that mean? They just give his name and 10 seconds later go...
1
1

What would cause a solar panel battery charger to die?
I bought one of the solar chargers they sell at Harbor Freight for around $20. They are made to charge a 12 volt battery at 1.5 watts. Granted that is not a lot of power, but just to keep a battery...
9
9