Subject Author Posted Replies

ice blocks for Cool Surge
Dang, you caught me. I want the U.S. to switch to the metric system. Cindy Hamilton
8
8

microhydroelectric power
Have any of you heard of microhydroelectric power? Do you know anyone using it? Do you knwo anything about it? I think it's this guy who has a hydroelectric generating station no bigger than a big...
7
7

Four questions about canned fruit and non-American bathrooms
1 If you leave fruit like canned peaches or canned pineapple in an open can in the refridgerator, does anything bad happen to it, compared to putting it in a china dish or glass bowl? Can it poison...
6
6

Steak cookin'
From the Daily Beast:
5
5

Pipe Dope
I grew up believing in pipe dope for all kinds of plumbing connections - gas , liquid , etc . WHY IS IT then that when I use it to mount a cutoff valve on a PVC fitting it leaks virtually every time ?...
2
2

Tanadyne cartridge
Bought 2 Moens from Amazon at cost of one at HD. His spelling is wrong and Amazon most likely sells in Canada.
4
4

plumbers putty
It is safe for direct drinking water contact if it contains NSF certification. Plumbers putty contains various components some of which may not be certified for food contact but could be used for...
23
23

What is electric shock drowning?
Uncle Monster news: Tue, 23 May 2017 20:34:16 GMT A few years ago, a couple of young boys also suffered the same fate around here. :( I've been where they passed away many times, on boating trips...It...
4
4

Shower water flow reduced
Here's a baffling problem. Over maybe the last year or so, the water flow in the shower has decreased. It's happened slowly, so not sure when it really started, but lately it's become a problem. It's...
7
7

OT: Strange noises
The oddest noises in the world are: 1) Rhinos talking. 2) Japanese women during orgasm. [add more here]

USPS new service-- informed delivery
We get our mail late in the day, but now I know what is coming with a new free service from USPS They send you an email in the morning showing what is in your delivery for the day. No more trips to...
7
7

OT. Green Cremation
From the BBC: The deceased's remains are dissolved rather than burned.
1
1

Basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a WiFi card in a desktop computer at home
Basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a WiFi card in a desktop computer at home. GOAL: I would like to ask some basic newbie questions about setting up an RB411/R52n-M as a...

Washing Machine Surge Protector
One of the TV home improvement show electricians recommended using a surge protector with current model clothes washers as they have so much electronics controlling the wash cycle. Most of the surge...
16
16

Demand soars for concealed carry permits, data shows
BINGO
3
3