Steak cookin'

From the Daily Beast:

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

He's right, you can age meat a bit and you can get a good steak in a pan. I still like the grill at 900 degrees to sear though. Wimpy grills don't cut it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I got tired of fooling around with wimpy grills. I put an adjustable regulator on mine so I can go all the way down to "smoker" heat or crank it up to Ruth's Chris.

gfretwell

I can make the grates glow red. (not on purpose) Normal grills run 11 inches of water. This regulator will go up to 20 PSI. In real life the range between 4 in/h2o and 16 in/h2o is plenty to do anything from slow cooked chicken to a seared steak.

Reply to
gfretwell

I got it on Ebay. It is the same kind you use on a turkey cooker but cranked way down, hence the gauge..

Reply to
gfretwell

The only time I ever turn it up more than 14" or so of water is when I am deep frying on the side burner and I am heating up a pot of oil. There is far more pressure available than I would ever use but being able to fine tune the heat is great. I am traveling and the house we rented has a wimpy Charbroil gas grill that just ages steaks with all

3 burners on high and foil on the 2 side grates to send the heat to the center one.

gfretwell