Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Vehicle Anti Theft
<> It's a tire cover on the back of what might be a jeep. The tire cover shows the shift pattern of a manual transmission....
10
10

more GAS Car fires than electric cars
"Before we move on, though, let's note that there are far more gas car fires than EV fires per vehicle on the road, which is logical." Tesla Fire In Raleigh Raises Questions About Something ......
46
46

Home Depot delivers?
I try to order something online and they keep telling me pickup
3
3

multi fuel pizza oven
My wife got from a garage sale a multi fuel pizza oven. Ooni Karu 12 SKU UU-POA100 (still in the original box). It's unused. Apparently it can use more than one fuel. Presumably wood (or maybe...
2
2

Bulb Ban
No more incandescents. <> I might well have incandescents in my house that are over 30 years old. They get used so little that I'll be buried before they are. Some critics of the ban are calling it...
9
9

Banister Attachment
I recently moved into a house where one of the banisters has pulled away from the wall on the stairs. A quick scan with a stud finder shows that the attachment is several inches away from the closest...
16
16

whole house backup generator quote
Hi All, This quote came thorough for a full house backup generator. Some of these numbers seems a bit high. Labor: $ 11,200.00 Generator: $ 5,505.65 ATS-100AMP: $ 913.40 Concrete Pad: $ 294.16...
26
26

Pale ring marks on kitchen worktop any fix/solution?
This is my son's Howdens (UK) kitchen worktop about three years old with a formica like material, (grey stone like, presumably printed sub-surface); with a lightly textured finish on top. The ring...
4
4

new house had mold years ago
My new house had sofit damage and mold issues five years ago. EVen the ducts were cleaned. Spozably the mold was encapsulated. ANd much of the drywall was replaced. What can I do to protect myself. I...
1
1

How not to drive a Corvette
The video is about 5 minutes but the main attraction is in the first 25 seconds. Sometimes you should not show off. The driver of this 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible attempted to show off while...
1
1

Where do you get door glass for a 1996 vehicle?
Apparently Toyota doesn't make the glass anymore. The front passenger side door glass is called "green". The bonded rear quarter glass is called "gray" (no antenna). 68101-35150 Right (passenger side)...
14
14

Wall-Mounting First Alert Smoke Detector
The wall mounting instructions for a First Alert P1210E smoke detectors say to put the mounting slots at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. But that requires using plastic drywall anchors for the...
25
25

Roughly 40 to 50 gallons of 50% glyphosate (roundup) on the cheap?
Neighbors and I want to chip in to get a good price on the 50% (or 42%) glyphosate (some people call it roundup for some strange reason). Probably need to buy 40 to 50 gallons to get a farmer's better...
22
22

Fancy quartz countertops are killing people who make them, doctors say
Here’s a kitchen design trend to die for. Quartz countertops are now the most popular choice among home renovators and designers because of their durability and resistance to stains, scratches and...
1
1

Underside of stainless steel sink STINKS HORRIBLY!
Hello all - I hope somebody can help! My wife and I have a Kindred stainless steel double sink. The underside sound-deadening coating stinks very badly. We had the sink installed about 12 years ago....
49
49