Where do you get door glass for a 1996 vehicle?

Apparently Toyota doesn't make the glass anymore.

The front passenger side door glass is called "green". The bonded rear quarter glass is called "gray" (no antenna).

68101-35150 Right (passenger side) front door glass (green) 62740-35010 Left (driver side) quarter glass, no antenna (gray)

Someone smashed both windows to steal stuff inside.

The Carid price is horrendously high. $529.41

$227.15

The Toyota prices don't matter because nobody can get them at any price. $669.21
Any idea what is a good source for glass at a much lower price?

Reply to
Oscar Mayer

Local scrapyard. Do a search here

retired1

Pick-a-part.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Try a junkyard, have them look on their online service.

But most good glass shops should be able to make one up custom. How much that will cost, I don't know, but one phone call will reveal that information.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I got a replacement (used) door glass for our '99 4Runner on eBay ... at what I considered a very reasonable price .

Reply to
Snag

That was pretty thoughtless. One window should have been enough.

It's good not to leave the slightest thing showing because sometimes they'll think something is worth more than it is and break in even when there is nothing worth taking. DAMHIKT

car-part is good but there other good ones too.

OP If you can find a local junk yard with the same model as yours, it's convenient for lots of little parts too, as time goes on.

But if not, they all ship.

have the same listings as suto junkyards

Probably

Even Ebay, though since you need two things it would be better to find gthem both at the same yard.

Reply to
micky

I had a friend that had his radio stolen. They broke the drivers side window to get in. A week later someone broke in through the passenger side window. He was really pissed, since he still had not replaced the drivers window.

Reply to
Bob F

Reply to
micky

I talked to a guy once that told me about how he would lock his motorcycle to a tree with a heavy chain because of lots of thefts in the area. He came out one morning and found the motorcycle locked to a different tree, with a note saying "If we want it, we'll take it".

Reply to
Bob F

Locally here in Waterloo Ontario I would be going to OK AutoGlass

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I like stories about thieves with a sense of humor. It reminds me of the farmer near where I grew up who had a problem with losing watermelons from his melon patch so he put up a sign saying, "Steal at your own risk. One of these melons has been injected with poison." When he came back a few days later, his sign had been updated and now included the text, "Now two of your melons have been poisoned."

Reply to
Jim Joyce

car-parts.com

Reply to
Michael Trew

Did you check with a local auto glass installer? They have resources you do not. Sometimes their glass installed is cheaper than buying your own plus delivery.

Reply to
AMuzi

I just got set up to have the windshield of my 986 GMC truck replaced . Doesn't matter to me what the total cost is , it's gonna cost me a hundred bucks for the deductible .

Reply to
Snag

+1

I have no experience with this, but the OP will not be the first guy with an old car who needs glass replaced. The auto glass places with have a way and a price.

Reply to
micky