2 Lights connected to one switch - won't turn off

Page 2 of 2

That's the kind of attitude that will get ya killed or seriously injured. In the USA, more people are killed by 120 volts than the combined deaths from ALL the other voltages. _Best_ treat that 120 volts with some respect.

is
In
ALL
this is kind of like the 'most accidents happen at home' statistic. you spend most of your time there so of course you have more accidents at home. if you could somehow factor out time, im sure 120 is much safer than higher voltages.
which still doesnt mean you shouldnt take percautions.
randy
My guess is that you connected the black wire from the fixtures to the black wires in the ceiling boxes. The red wires in the ceiling boxes are probably the switch leg and should be connected to the black wire of each fixture.
You may be able to confirm this by opening up the switch and take note of the color of the wires on it. If you see a red and a black on the switch, connect the fixtures to the red and white in each ceiling box.

I had the same problem once, drove me nuts trying to figure it out. It turned out that the dimmer switch I installed at the same time as the fixture, was faulty, and never cut the current, so the lights always stayed on.