Subject Author Posted Replies

OT What is the big deal about Hubble danger?
OT What is the big deal about Hubble danger? The news keeps talking about how dangerous the Hubble telescope repair is, and NASA set up a second shuttle on the launch pad right after the first one...
53
53

Craftsman garage door opener reset?
I just changed the plastic worm gear on my 1/2 hp, 12-year-old Craftsman garage door opener, and now the motor will only spin for a couple of seconds in one direction, then a couple of seconds in the...
1
1

VIOP
{snip} I just edited the subject line, Pat. Transposing letters in an acronym would make it less likely someone searching would find your post. R
26
26

How to fill gap in miter joint
The base molding (two inches high) at an inside corner has about a 1/8" gap at the inner edge (as though both miter angles are a few degrees less than 45 degrees). The mitered ends (along with the...
13
13

empty electrical box behind drywall
While finishing my basement, Can I place electrical boxes where I might want to place receptacles in the future ? Leave the cutout to the surface and "empty" conduit over to a live box. Then cover the...
25
25

Bradford White water heaters - Any good?
Several of the plumbers I called to replace my 50-gallon, gas heater will use Bradford White. Any comments about quality, reliability, etc.? Thanks, Ray
5
5

Drive dump truck over lawn?
I am getting 5 tons of modified (crushed) stone delivered via dump truck for a patio. I already have the area excavated, so most convenient would be for the truck to dump right in the hole...but would...
32
32

Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or someone has a better way? I don't really want...
4
4

closing the main water tub
Is it safe to close the main water tub in my home for 2 weeks? I am going out of town... I live the air conditioning on just in case the heat is to high... Botticelli
2
2

Will spray paint last longer on Garage door, then brush?
I am getting a new garage door, but my ideal color is not available. So I will be painting it. just curious if spray painting it by a professional (my friend) will make it last longer then using a...
12
12

confused about which nail gun I need for siding installation
I need to replace some T1-11 siding panels. 19/32" thick. The manufacturer says I need 8d box, casing, or siding nails. So I'm trying to find a pneumatic gun to buy to shoot such a nail. But they...
7
7

Should I demand a new roof...?
Since I moved in to new home in 2004, we have had roof shingle problems every year. First year some blew off, many loose. Since then we have had loose shingles everytime there is a storm. Yet the...
25
25

Single Button Light Switch?
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it returned to its resting position. Are these switches...
5
5

Self-Propelled Mower?
I got a tiny little lawn (1k sq. ' at most) at my house in the midwest US, but it's on a hill, no retaining walls, lots of inclines and declines, and sink- holes to boot. Front yard declines...
46
46

Toro Walk-Behind Runs Really Sloooooow
I've got a Toro Recycler mower with a B&S engine.  At the end of last season I ran it dry and stored it for the winter. Last weekend I changed the oil and filled it with fresh gas. After a few starts...
34
34