Bradford White water heaters - Any good?

Several of the plumbers I called to replace my 50-gallon, gas heater will use Bradford White. Any comments about quality, reliability, etc.?

Thanks,

Ray

Reply to
Ray K

Don't know about Bradford White but we've using a U.S. Craftmaster 40 gallon gas water heater that was installed 20 years ago and continues to provide trouble free performance. It's never needed a service call. Don't know if the quality of today's models are as good, but this one's great!

Reply to
Peter

From observation, they look to be of excellent quality. A local fireman built a new home and installed a Bradford White gas unit. I was impressed on the quality. YMMV

Video of features:

Oren

I just installed _another_ gas one in my home this year. The reason I bought another one, is so the install would go easier than b/4. I soldered unions for the in/out on my first install. Everything lined up perfect.

I only got 5 years almost to the date on the one b/4. I bought a 6 year. I was going to break down and go with the 12 year this time around, but they didn't have anything except 6 year in stock. The supplier I bought from said most get 7 to 8 years out of a 6 year. This was something I needed now, and couldn't wait.

I wanted to get a Proline from American, but that supply house wasn't open on Saturday. Im surprised no contractor suggested an American product.

The Bradford I just bought in March, was $149 more than it was 5 years ago. Apparently the EPA made them change how they light. Kind of hard to swallow almost $400, compared to $249 5 years ago.

I would recommend going with a 12 year, or the very least a 9 year.

My old GE lasted almost 20 years, but times have changed.

Reply to
Tom L

if you tend to run out of hot water go to a larger tank with higher BTU output.

some tanks are 28,000 BTU

Mine is 75,000 BTU I have nearly endless hot water:)

Reply to
bob haller

My 1979 BW gas-fired tank is still doing it's thing.

Reply to
Bob M.