Single Button Light Switch?

At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it returned to its resting position. Are these switches available for the home, as I can't find them...TIA

Reply to
Yadda

Look for lighted rocker switches at any HD or Lowes.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

You may be looking for a Lutron dimmer called Abella. Google lutron dimmer and you should find it

Reply to
RBM

On Thu 14 May 2009 07:14:26p, RBM told us...

Several decades ago there were single pushbutton "decorator" on/off switches, but I haven't seen them in years. I don't recall who made them. The button was about 1-1/4" in diameter and the wall plate was transparent, allowing for anything that matched the wall to be inserted; e.g., wallpaper, a paintable insert, etc.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

em. =A0

I've got one of those in a room in my house. I can see why they are no longer made. It's a pretty stupid idea for the most part.

The only time it worked to my advantage is when I had too much furniture in there and had to set shelves in front of the switch. You bumped the shelves as you walked in the room and the light came on. Pretty neat.

Reply to
mkirsch1

on 5/14/09 6:27 PM Yadda said the following:

Found the Lutron Qoto light switch which I like:

Yadda