Subject Author Posted Replies

Grout or Caulk at shower/tub line?
I am having new ceramic tile installed on my shower/tub surround. The job is being done well -- with cement backer board etc. My question is about the 1/8-inch gap between the bottom of the ceramic...
4
4

UF cable under deck permitted for Pool?
Last week I asked about running UF cable under my deck for a pool filter outlet. I was ready to get the material when someone told me that UF cables are generally not suppose to be used for pool...
10
10

Replacement of old MAIN all-fuse panel with a circut breaker panel
I have installed CB sub-panels many a times with no problem because I can disconnect the live wires at the main panel. In the old house I am fixing, I need to replace the all-fuse MAIN panel with a...
36
36

OT: Betty White on SNL
47 minute video.... from SNL last night is one classy lady.
3
3

Best insecticide
Make your own DDT Full instructions: http://blog.planetpreterist.com/index.php?itemid=2461 http://blog.planetpreterist.com/index.php?itemid=2461
22
22

OT: 3D shadow box
I now have the back and sides framed out. The woodriver bench plane is a bit big for the job of the angles but made it work well enough sliver by sliver until they all fit just right. The top piece is...
2
2

installing a new toilet- question, almost done, took level and noticed not level..??help
Hi, I have already installed the toilet and took a level and see that it is not exactlyl level..does this matter? please advise as to what should be done, thanks
22
22

Questions about frost heave ?
This is one subject that I find impossible to understand. Although the theory about having a firm foundation to a point just below the frost line is clear, everywhere I look I see construction of...
8
8

Mother's day gift- WOW!
Don got me a full quality craftsman wood spoke shave! And a #3 Woodriver bench plane. Then he flushed out my old hand carving set and got me 5 new blades and a better sharpening stone (this small set...
1
1

Green Sludge In Plumbing?
I was doing a little plumbing yesterday and came across something I hadn't seen before. I cut a 1/2 copper pipe about a half inch from a sweated copper coupling. Inside the pipe was small amount of...
1
1

A/C efficiency question
OK, it was chilly last night, went down to 47F. House stayed above 72 with no heat. Temps will be up in the 80's today. I normally keep the windows and doors closed due to allergies. Is it less...
14
14

I have a FREUS 4 ton and love it.
I've had this unit for the past 5 years and have had only minor problems with some of the electical switches. Minor repairs under warranty. My home is in Chandler AZ. the average utility bill is under...
6
6

Replacing old garage door remote
Because, even though I've changed the remote code a couple of times, my garage door has recently opened "by itself" several times, I bought a Genie Intellicode replacement remote opener. I'm supposed...
10
10

Dryer cu
I see that most washer cu is around 5 but dryer cu is around 7. If your washer is 5, would you benefit from a 7.3 instead of a 7?
12
12

Exterior door behind storm door, interior or exterior paint?
I will paint an exterior door that is behind a "full" glass storm door. The doors are mostly protected from the sun except near sunset by a small over hanging roof. Should I be using interior or...
5
5