Green Sludge In Plumbing?

I was doing a little plumbing yesterday and came across something I hadn't seen before.

I cut a 1/2 copper pipe about a half inch from a sweated copper coupling. Inside the pipe was small amount of green sludge, almost like a drip, about 3/4" long. The sludge was soft and easily removed from the pipe.

Was this nothing more than some flux that had seeped onto the joint and reacted with the copper?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Its copper oxide, i.e. corroded copper.

Reply to