Dryer cu

I see that most washer cu is around 5 but dryer cu is around 7. If your washer is 5, would you benefit from a 7.3 instead of a 7?

Reply to
metspitzer

Huh?

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The washers I have looked at are 4-5 Cu ft. capacity The dryers are 7-7.3 cu ft.

My logic is if you have a 5 cu ft washer, what benefit would having a dryer any larger than 5 cu ft?

I don't understand why the average Cu Ft of dryers is larger.

Reply to
metspitzer

"metspitzer" wrote

You can put two loads of wash into one load in the dryer. Wash often has to be sorted by color, dryer loads do not. You also need space to tumble properly.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Haven't done a load of wash in a home laundry, have you? Stop and think for a minute why the dryers in a laundromat are so much bigger than the washing machines. Then it will come to you.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Cu is an abbreviation for copper. Your post makes no sense.

Reply to
DanG

He means cubic foot. Perhaps he should have made his post a bit more understandable.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

If he meant cubic feet, the abbreviation is CF.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Don't tell me, tell him. I had to think for a minute to figure out WTF the OP was writing about. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Really? I might have understood cu' -- but CF would have had me wondering if the dryer had Cystic Fibroses. . . or a Compact Flash. . . or if he was asking for a comparison. . .

I think if clarity was the OPs goal, writing "Cubic feet" would have been his best bet.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I just replaced most of my light bulbs with CF, cubic feet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote

wlcm 2 txt gnrtn g8t huh c ya

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Given the same air-flow, a larger capacity dries clothes faster because there is more liquid-air surface area. A dryer needs more space to allow the clothes to fluff in warm dry air. I like the largest I can find with the fewest dials, knobs and features. A larger dryer is not necessarily more effecient than a smaller one, though.

Reply to
Phisherman