Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:Snake ID ?
Anyone know what kind of snake this is? Found under gravel, under a patio brick, on top of more gravel. East TN mountains....
4
4

Neighbor problem (long)
4 yrs ago, new neighbors moved in adjacent to my property. The neighbor talked about building a deck. He didn't have a clue how to go about it. Being in the trades years ago, I volunteered to "help"...
57
57

Hiring someone to run wires in crawlspace
I want to run two Cat5e or Cat6 cables (to opposite sides of the room) and one or two RG-6 cables to my bedroom. I also want to run a cable (or cables) to my computer room for one telephone and one...
12
12

Looking for help from HVAC experts.
Hi, I have recently purchased a Honeywell wireless thermostat (YTH6320R1015). Manual is here, page 4 is key: I have split setup: A gas boiler in the basement (2-conductor thermostat wire). My...
9
9

How much light can I get out of this fixture?
Hi, I'm looking at a ceiling fan that can take "(3) 40W 110V candelabra base (E12)". With modern light bulbs (CFL or LED) how much light will I actually be able to get out of it? Many thanks in...
13
13

Underground sprinkler valve vaults
I am putting in a water filter for my ag water line. I need to put it in a large sized box, the kind usually associated with water sprinkler valves. In the wintertime, how much protection do these...
2
2

fixing lawnmower deck shroud
have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud. any good way to straighten this? thanks much
7
7

Gutters: spikes vs. hangers and screws
Greetings everyone, I am hoping to get a second opinion from gurus out there. I just replaced my gutters. My old gutters were held in by 'spikes'. That's what the contractor called them. Just to...
20
20

masonry and stucco paint
We painted our stucco house a while back and now it's time to paint the garage door. We want to paint it the same color as the house, and I didn't think there'd be a problem with using the same paint...
2
2

Anti-virus software in the refrigerator?
The repair man told my wife that we have a virus in our refrigerator's operating system. Now I know why we've had the flu around here. Should I install some anti-virus software in the refrigerator?
10
10

Where to get low/wide medicine cabinet?
Fixing up a 1950s prefab house. Recessed medicine cabinet was rusted beyond repair, and space limitations would make a surface-mount unattractive. Rough opening is about 19.5" high and 29.5" wide. Can...
3
3

Replacing control board in Carrier 58TUA Furnace
The quote from the HVAC service that I have been using for 7 years is a whopping $1700 - 1900 to replace the control board on my furnace (the ignitor is not getting any power). However, I'm seeing the...
14
14

Should I calll a Plumber?
My wife just said her water broke. She wants me to take her to the hospital. I told her that the doctors and nurses at the hospital dont do plumbing, and we need to call a plumber. She still wants to...
3
3

Tile grout cracking "against Marble" -- Cures?
About two years ago, I had a "cultured marble" shower enclosure installed and then had the bathroom floor done in ceramic tile. When the tile butts up against the shower enclosure, the grout has...
8
8

Air flow diagrams for refrigerators
Would like to find out how the air flows in a Panasonic refrigerator. Is there a website for that?
4
4