OT:Snake ID ?

Anyone know what kind of snake this is? Found under gravel, under a patio brick, on top of more gravel. East TN mountains.

Tony Miklos

corn snake?

Reply to
a2rjh

It's a Scarlet King snake (difference from Eastern Coral (venomous)) is the red and yellow are touching bands of red-yellow-black w/ the yellow a thin band between the quite longer red and black sections. (Yeah, I know that's hard to not react to when one uncovers one of these puppies unexpectedly... :) )

Reply to
dpb

Doug Miller

Not orange enough. Looks like a milk snake to me.

Reply to
Doug Miller