Poison Ivy

Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy? Thanks for any help, Frank
Roundup (glyphosate) mixed to about 8% works.
On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:31:06 GMT, Frank Dillon

As I understand it, it is best to spray poison ivy rather than pull it out. If you do pull it out, make sure you're well protected and get the roots. Otherwise, the ivy will be back. I believe Ortho has a specific weed killer for poison ivy.
If the ivy is entwined within your garden, try rubber gloves with cotton gloves over them. Dip the gloves into the herbicide and use your hands to apply. Make sure you're wrapped up good with long pants bottoms taped and long sleeved shirt taped up. Be just as careful taking the work clothes off, too.
Thunder

Attach wires to the top and bottom of a 1.5 volt C or D cell - alkaline or not, doesn't matter. Implant the wires in the ivy no more than two inches apart and no more than five inches above the ground. I suggest tinning the stripped ends of stranded wire so that implantation is easier. Just let the current flow through the ivy. This is legal in all 50 states. Then, treat the ivy with glyphosate. Remove the battery when the ivy appears to wither and die.
-- Tom :)
- Tom - wrote:

what is the battery for?

My home remedies are like my home cookin'. Nothin's written down, I just throws it together what comes to mind. The battery's just to give the ivy something to dull the pain whilst it's getting a dose of glyphosate.
<cue "A Spoonful of Sugar"> Just an ampere of current makes the glyphosate go down. The glyphosate go down, the glyphosate go down....
-- Tom
salt poured around the plant will kill it.