Kawasaki FH500V 17HP engine

I just bought a piece of yard equipment with a Kawasaki FH500V engine.

What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower?

Reply to
Ether Jones

They all make similar amounts of horsepower.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Kawasaki engines are among the best for reliability and ease of starting.

Reply to
Artemis

: > What's the word on the street about this engine? How does it compare : > to the Briggs or Kohler twin cylinder engines of similar horsepower? : >

: : Kawasaki engines are among the best for reliability and ease of starting. : : -- : Art

When we bought out Husqvarna lawn tractor it came with the 22hp. My husband, a heavy equipment mechanic, got very excited about it having the Kawi in it. He says they are extremely reliable.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

They rate Kaws an extra 2 hp at least on the power chart for commercial mowers. Dunno if I believe it or not but that's what the dealer says.

I -never endorse ricers-

Reply to
Steveo