Electrical Yard Equipment

We have a weed eater and leaf blower -- electrical. Last year I bought new extension cords that are made for out door equipment. They aren't old -- but the socket part no longer fits with the cords on the equipment. It is too loose ... and the user spends all his time re- plugging them. I don't know if buying new cords would solve the problem -- I got these at Walmart. Does anyone have any experience with this type problem? Is there a piece that I could buy to go between the equipment plug and the extension cord? Since its happening on more than one piece of equipment I think the problem is the extension cord. They cost a lot and I don't want to waste money. Thanks.

Reply to
Dottie

Loop 1 wire over the other ( like you start tying a knot) then put the plugs together. This will take the strain off the joint. You could also bend the male plugs out a little bit so they go in with more effort and this will keep them in. WW

Reply to
WW

Try either of the methods pictured here. The second method is more common and doesn't use up near as much cord.

DerbyDad03

Cut the cheap receptacle off and buy a good one.

Reply to
gfretwell

Two solutions. The best way is to tie the two cords together like a knot. Next is to squeeze the two prongs slightly to add a little tension.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Put an L5-20P on the weed eater cord and an L5-20R on the end of the extension cord.

Throw the leaf blower in the trash and get a rake.

Reply to
Moe Gasser