Re: Walmart MTD Yard Machine 17HP Briggs&Stratton

I have been looking for a commercial walk behind mower and everybody says to stay away from Briggs & Stratton. I have a 6.5 HP Briggs on a two year old Cub Cadet 21", and it has given me starting trouble since day one. I see on this years Cub Cadet model the went with Kawasaki.

Our club bought a new 17HP Walmart Yard Machine last fall. In June, > after approximately 20 hours of use, it started sounding like a rod > was knocking. Took it to a guy that does repairs for Walmart. He tore > engine down, said it had badly overheated, big carbon buildup causing > the noise. He has called Briggs&Stratton to see what they want to do > about it. He also said we could have taken the mower back to Walmart > and exchanged it, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He also intimated that there may > be problems with the 17HP Briggs&Stratton. I note that this years > (2003) Yard Machines have a Tecumseh engine on the 17HP model. Anyone > know anything about this? Opinions? > Earl > Remove no_spam to reply email
Reply to
H B Veeder