MTD Mower (Briggs & Stratton) governor springs

Hi group:

I have a MTD mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine (Model No. 9L902). When I went to start it I noticed that the primer bulb was not giving any presure. I tried to adjust the throttle and there was no tension on the springs. I pulled the air cleaner and the springs are definitely loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I also wanted to see a diagram for the springs for this model engine to see if one is missing, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike

They usually are slack when it is at rest. May I ask, what this has to do with the primer bulb in the first place?

Reply to
Eric in North TX

If the spring isn't under tension when the engine isn't running, it's normal. I wouldn't mess with it at all.

If the primer bulb isn't working, I would first verify that it isn't doing anything and then focus troubleshooting there, not at the governor. Replacement bulbs are fairly easy to find.

Reply to
John R

Thank you both for your responses.

Any suggestions on the best place to find a primer bulb? I do not think it is working because when I push on it, no pressure is being built up.

I can order one from Briggs and Stratton unless you have other suggestion(s)

John R wrote:

Reply to
Mike

Reply to