Kawasaki generator fault

My 2300 Kawasaki generator, which I run on propane gas on the odd occasions that I use it, is electrically dead! The engine part will still run OK, but there is no life evident on the 240v or 12v output side. Last time I used it, it was fine, suggesting a simple fault/bad connection somewhere.

I have lost faith in the local agent, who after faffing for three weeks, declares that it needs something called an ADI unit, at a cost of =A3240. He did however tell me something I didn't know, which is that it will also run on petrol.

Can any generator experts tell me what to look for in diagnosing the fault?

Reply to
Homer2911

Nope, but until an expert stops by here's my two pen'oth.it's should have a whirly thing driving an alternator which will produce AC at some sort of voltage which will then be stepped up or down as required and/or rectified by some electronic gubbins.

I you can't where these bits are hidden, or can't find/fix the fault, it might be worth looking at the cheap small generators which have come onto the market recently. Se previous posts here (via Google) for details.

Reply to
zikkimalambo