Arizona (Phoenix) lawn seed.

What experiences can locals to phoenix share about what lawn seed they used for the best overall lawn here in Phoenix( Gilbert actually). I had the typical Bermuda , which was killed off( I know it isn't completely dead most likely) with roundup over the last couple of years, then I had a local hydroseeder lay down his product last year, which worked "ok". I just ran a dethatching blade on the mower and took down the huge amount of dead(dormant) grass "stick" thatch left form the winter and am looking for the best way to get a thick green lawn short of sod. Any one ever heard of the quickgrasspatch( .com) "wonder grass"?
Any thoughts?

Any Arizona Lawn seeding advice?
wrote :

I was always fond of the green gravel. Didn't need water, just a little weed killer now and then. Now that I'm back living in Illinois, Dandelions are my biggest problem. I swear there's more of them than the grass, at times.
Tom G.