termites in Phoenix AZ

My son's new house and the several adjacent houses are 95% completed. During a visit to the new construction he saw several termite mud tunnels on lower floors and climbing up the interior wall of his new build. Curious he also examined the several adjacent homes and found they all had termite mud tunnels on lower interior level. I presume the builder is required to have the property treated with termicide before building. The evidence would indicate that the exterminator did not proof the residences properly and perhaps not at all. How bad is this and remedy suggestions, please. Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

This is hilarious. The termites are eating the house before the construction is finished!. This is worse than the termites in our area, Southern California. Here, it takes them a year to get started.

When I was considering a move to Arizona I did some web research on termites in that area. This is one of the many government websites addressing the termite problem in Arizona. Just google for termites Arizona construction

Walter R.

get homeowners together at once and hire a licensed exterminator yesterday for regular treatments. if the neighbors don't fight any pests together the pests just move around and back.

Seamus J. Wils> My son's new house and the several adjacent houses are 95% completed.

Reply to
buffalobill

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

"Walter R." wrote in news:OmT_g.14872$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

Brand new house. And when he sells it he has to, by law, put in the sellers disclosures that it once had termites. Nice selling point... :-(

Reply to
Al Bundy

You call that help?

If they did treat the house they did not do it right. Once done right they will be gone and not return for several years if ever. Doesn't matter if the neighbors treat their house or not. I wouldn't worry about disclosing it either. The termites will be stopped before they cause any real damage. I have lived in Arizona for 25 years and have never had a problem in our old or new houses.....so far.

cm

Reply to
cm

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cox.net says... :) My son's new house and the several adjacent houses are 95% completed. :) During a visit to the new construction he saw several termite mud tunnels on :) lower floors and climbing up the interior wall of his new build. Curious he :) also examined the several adjacent homes and found they all had termite mud :) tunnels on lower interior level. Never have seen subterranean termite activity in a home before it was completed...4-7 years is the average on a home with a sprinkler system.

7-10 years on a home without the sprinkler. Some ants will make tubes also, but where the termite's tube is usually hard and secure, the ants will crumbled easily when touched.
Reply to
Lar

Lar,

I have only seen it one time in Arizona and that was on a Ryland home that was never treated. The superintendent never called for the treatment. There were tubes hanging from the ceilings before they moved in.

cm

Reply to
cm