Laminate in Phoenix?

I need a 6' piece of 2.5" wide countertop laminate. I haven't been able to source this in Phoenix for under the cost of a full sheet. I need this to make a curved edge for a wooden (owwc) mold for a concrete countertop. Anyone know of a place in central/north phx that would have something like this, or has a piece kicking around and would like to get rid of it?

I've already tried all the big boxes, and some kitchen countertop places, who only sell preformed counters and don't seem to make these anymore, or at least i haven't found a place yet that does.

Thanks, Charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
charlie

Laminate would be nice but is probably overkill... I'd be inclined to go with tempered hard board, or 5 mm (1/4") plywood and add some paste wax to it as a release agent. The hard board would leave a finer finish and would be a lot easier to fasten than laminate.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

i thought of that, but i need about a 1' radius curve, and i don't think it will do that. i'm diamond honing it also.

i can't seem to find wacky wood locally either.

thanks, charlie

charlie

That probably is too tight a radius... Well, the other option is Styrofoam cut to shape and covered with packing tape. Seems to me someone sells a concrete counter top kit that has foam forms for the rounded corners.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

i found melamine coated 1/8" hardboard (looks to me like a doorskin) which will bend this tight ,or even more. 3 layers of this will be strong enough for holding back the concrete.

thanks, charlie

charlie