Kitchen Project - team effort

Here's one Leon and I teamed up on that is now ready to turn over to the backsplash/tile subcontractor:

'd like to particularly thank the framing crew for making the window opening over the sink oversize, then moving the window 4" ... the wrong way! :(

Other than that ...

(What the hell ... that's what you get for building the kitchen cabinets two months _before_ the foundation is poured)

Reply to
Swingman

The only reason the trim guys exist is to tidy up after the rough carpenters. ;-) Seriously, a great looking job. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Hehe ... thanks!

Back when I was a kid, helping to build houses and barns, it was the framers and carpenters who worked to "1/8" in 8' " and the saying was: "Don't worry, the trim guys will fix it".

Now, with "trim carpenters", many who never saw a piece of wood before they got here, the mantra is: ¡No se preocupe, los pintores lo fijará!

:)

Reply to
Swingman

It is amazing how much countertop and cabinetry $ 1500.00 will buy these days, eh? :-)

Seriously though, I see a LOT of work there.... and it looks great! I could use you guys up here. The guys who that kind of quality here, are booking into September already. Did you buy the doors? Do you always cut the kick out of the gables?

Reply to
Robatoy

Nice job.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No Tundra pictures?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

LOL, the Tundra was dirty.

Reply to
Leon

Hey, Those pull out shelves under the island, in particular the ones behind the middle doors, I bet you can't pull both sides out once the door pulls are mounted. :~)

Reply to
Leon

I particularly like the built out soffit and double crown on the uppers. Seems like everyone around here is just leaving the tops open the better to collect a lot of dust.

I build habitat houses, usually work on the framing crew, then come back with another guy (who also frames) to finish out inside. We have a lot of fun discussing the complete lack of competence shown by the framing crew. Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Real Maple and DT's, with under mount slides that stop the drawer just before it slams shut and then gently and quietly pulls the drawer closed. I almost wore one out playing with it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

How much ... bottle of "Texas Red" and a box of BlueBell "Sugar Free" popsicles for steeping? You're on!

;)

Reply to
Swingman

Ya'll do some good work!

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Next thing I know you guys are going to want to do a galley on a boat.

Nice job.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

FIRST the canting keel.

Reply to
Robatoy

I like them, especially the back piece of wood on the cabinet by the door and that everything pulls out. I'm slowly changing all of mine over to pull outs before I get to old.

Reply to
asmurff

Glad you liked the wooden "backsplash" on the "kitchen desk cabinet". I've been considering doing that for sometime and finally got the opportunity to design one and actually do it.

It's expected around here these days for shelves to be pull-outs, so there are 12 pull outs in the base cabinets altogether in that kitchen, plus the

19 drawers makes for a lot of drawer slides.

The slides for the shelf pull-outs are KV 8400 full extension, and the drawer slides are Hittich Quadro V6 21 full extension, with a self closing feature.

Reply to
Swingman

Amen to that. Nicely laid out, beautifully executed. I'd hire you guys in a minute if you were close.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

The cabinets I had put into our family room all have pullouts and I love them even now. For someone like me who stands a better than even chance of eventually being wheelchair bound they are fantastic.

Reply to
asmurff

do you expect to have the countertop installers seal the bottom edge of the backsplash? i have wine cabinets sitting on top of my counters, and have a heck of a time preventing water wicking up, causing finish lifting.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
charlie

"charlie" wrote \

Not really a "backsplash", more along the lines of a wooden 'letter rack' for the kitchen "desk", sitting on top of polished granite, and relatively removed from any source of moisture that would "wick". Outright spills shouldn't be more of a problem then they would be under normal circumstances, if I understand you correctly?

Reply to
Swingman