Slit seeding

I am getting ready to rent a slit seeder and do some over seeding. Am I too early ? I live in western MD. around Hagerstown.

Reply to
Keith Corwell

Yes, it's early. Seeds need soil temps in the 50s to germinate. You won't be there for about a month or so.

If you seed now, the seed will lay dormant until it gets warm enough. The problem is, to get decent germination and establishment, you need to keep it constantly moist. I'd rather wait until you know the soil is warm enough, then seed, apply starter fertilizer and start watering and keep it constantly damp.

Reply to
trader4