Phoenix Roebelenii -Pygmy Date Palm

I've just purchased a Phoenix Roebelenii which is around 1m tall and was wondering what is the best method for feeding them. Should I plant it directly into the ground or move it to a larger pot? I'm in the UK, so there is a risk of frost, how can they be protected against frost in the winter as it's too big to bring indoors?

Thanks.

Blairadamwitch

Reply to
Blairadamwitch

Hi, If temps don't get too cold for long periods then the ground is where to put it. At least use as large a pot as can be handled if real cold weather happens.

has good information on this palm. P. roebelenii survive short duration "hard freezes" here in SoFla. Feeding, a "palm special" usually a 3-1-3 formulation with minor elements is the way to go. BTW the fruits, though small, are real dates and edible.

HTH -_- how

Reply to
how