A whole lot of weeds

I've recently moved into a new house and the back lawn isn't too bad. No patches but it does have a lot of weeds and moss.
I've tried to remove a lot with spot weeders but there seems to be an ever growing patch of clovers.
Is it to late to apply an all over lawn weed and feed now to remove the clovers and various other weeds?
If not what should I go for?
Thanks
--
Brob