Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Naturvet Yard killer- wrong connections
Hi I purchased some of this stuff 'yard odour killer concentrate natural dogs' ( site does say that the hose connections are not standard Uk, I have since discovered that the Amercians use GHT and we...

The last one out, turn off the lights.
Well, It's Winter here in the northern hemisphere, so there won't be any posts until next Spring. Close the windows, turn off the lights, and lock the door.
1
1

Perennial herbs
I can't seem to find a list of all the herbs that can survive the New England winter. I know what some of them are: parsley, mint, lavender, thyme, oregano ... But is there a list somewhere that lists...

Monitor Kerosene Heaters/ stopped production ?
I have 3 Monitor heaters that use K1 fuel oil. I like them a lot, but have heard recently that Monitor has stopped making them. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, where would one find parts for...
1
1

Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including...
34
34

Cut-off for grass seed in New England?
I know, stoooopid question, but I have some construction areas that have just recently been re-top soiled. Located in Central CT I am wondering how late into the season I can spread starter fertilizer...
2
2

How to evaluate a tree cavity?
Hi all, Is there a formal way to determine how bad a tree cavity is? I have a gorgeous tree on my backyard, probably a hundred year old. I needed to do some pruning, so I invited a few different...
2
2

MTD Snow Wolf
I have a 1995 mtd snow wolf...model 315150118. I replaced the rubber auger parts and scraper bar and belt...all way overdue! Anyway when I put the new rubber on the auger sat on the pavement. When I...

Recommend a good landscaper
Did anyone know a good gardner?
2
2

Divots in the Sand... Insects???
We live in west central Florida and have seen this phenomenon in the yard around our home and also around the area in different places. It's small circular "divots" in the sand and often they are...
5
5

River birch plant.
I have an birch plant before six years and now it is going to be yellow. There are three trunks, one of them has dried and the leaves will be in in next winter. Any batter idea?

Sow Bugs
To which plants the sow bugs should be feed?

Ground Dwelling Bees.... !!!
Last year while mowing near a large bush I stirred up a nest of ground dwelling bees that swarmed all over me before I, let's say, evicted them. Several months ago I was trimming near the back of my...
7
7

hollyhock, foundation and gas meter question
Hi All, I have a Hollyhock growing next to my gas meter up against the cement foundation of my house. Does this Hollyhock present an kind of danger to either 1) the gas meter, 2) the gas pipes, and/or...
2
2

Groundhog/Woodchuck Control
I've got one hanging around. Looks like a squirrel on steroids. Got a little dog that thinks he's a big dog. He's not seen the GH/WC yet. Our vet says he'll lose any altercation between the two....
10
10