Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hi, new and need advice on laying a lawn
Hi, we have bought a house with a largish back garden which belonged to a old couple for 50+ years, and it was just brambles and weeds in the soil areas. there were 2 garages and shed and a green...
3
3

Briggs & Stratton Won't Start
Model 12F702-0606-01 Code 9408095 Horsepower = 4 Has been in storage for years. Fired it up and lots of smoke came out of the muffler. It ran for a short while then died. Looked below the muffler and...
1
1

My lawn is going patchy!!
My first post. Used to have a really nice green lawn but started to get a bit patch: [image: ideas what's wrong? It tarted off one patch but it's starting to spread. I water and feed the lawn on a...
3
3

GREENER GRASS
My grass is growing well, but I would like it to be greener. I understand if I use a fertilizer higher in one of the three chemicals my grass will turn greener. Which chemical will do that and will it...
2
2

starter kits for cuttings
I need to start a large number of plants from cuttings and would like to find a large starting kit similar to a seed starting kit. Can anyone know where I can purchase such a kit? Thanks, QUEST
1
1

Lawnmower for Sale
Worx model WG789, battery powered, self propelled, used only once, asking $300. Try it out on your own lawn ! Respond via E-mail :

debris fell into crankcase- how to remedy?
I changed the starter rope on my Toro today, but I accidently removed the oil dipstick along with the motor shroud when I was accessing the starter and debris fell into the exposed oil crankcase....
1
1

What is the best fertilizer on the market?
I am just starting my journey in home, lawn, and gardening i am looking for more tip's and tricks on buying the proper fertilizer's for my area, soil, and some pottery plants for my garden. I found a...
2
2

Confused
We have moved into a property and everytime that we have heavy rain the garden holds water and can take up to 5 days to completely drain. We have a large patio area and then an area of about 60 square...

lawn mower not working
I have accidentally added petrol to the oil tank of a petrol mower I could not find and opening underneath the tank and so tipped it upside down to drain the oil tank ,and then added fresh oil it did...
3
3

Lawn Weed I cannot identify
Googled until my eyeballs are popping but cannot identify and therefore eradicate safely. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download: ||Filename: |...
10
10

Need help identifying species of Manzanita
Anyone recognize what species of manzanita this could be? The bush is = about 3 years old, 5-ft in height. I hit every one of the 76 species on this page, I thought I would = see if anyone might...
1
1

damp patches in my lawn even when not raining
i have a slight and maybe expensive problem i wonder if anyone can shread some light? i have damp patches on my lawn and a very noticeable but they are only in one area and in lines?? i have been told...
1
1

lawn mower drive problems
hi first post here, ive got a problem with my sandrigarden (lawnking i believe now) mower, the drive wheels at the back don't move independently of one another, so they both either go forward or both...

Black spots in Lawn Cork Ireland
Would appreciate help with lawn black spots in attached photo. My lawn is 30 years old. Black spots started to appear about 6 years ago in one corner of lawn. Now they have spread all over the lawn....
1
1