lawn mower not working

I have accidentally added petrol to the oil tank of a petrol mower I
could not find and opening underneath the tank and so tipped it upside
down to drain the oil tank ,and then added fresh oil it did work for a
little while but now doesn't want to start or it does now and again only
for about for 30 seconds and then stops with a fair degree of
smoke,could anyone offer me any advice I did have a look at the spark
plug and it looked to be quite oily I don't know if this is supposed to
be like that,maybe tipping the mower upside down helped oil to spread to
other parts of the mower unintended
Reply to
wilson1973
-
Thanks Bob F I will try that,could you tell me where the air cleaner is on the mower please,by the way I have had a look on the mower I'm not sure of the manufacturer but the engine is called a Briggs and stratton series 220
Reply to
wilson1973
The Air Filter will be located on the side, or the top of your Carburettor. On a Briggs and Stratton 220 Series this is where your "Red Primer Button" is for cold starting. See the following link for all your Briggs and Stratton Spare Parts - 'Briggs & Stratton Spare Parts - Lawnmower World'
Briggs and Stratton engines were primarily fitted to Mountfield Lawn Mowers so see the following link for any Mountfield Lawn Mower Spare Parts - 'Mountfield Spare Parts - Lawnmower World'
Regards L-M-L
Reply to
Lawn-Mower-Love
On Jul 26, 8:31=A0am, wilson1973 wrote:
-
RTFM before you screw it up even more....
Reply to
trader4

Site Timeline Threads