Puron and Freon - Just Scams?

Hello all, I came across this article in the web where it is claimed that puron and freon type of gases are not more destructive to the ozone layer than laundry bleach and pool chlorine. What do you think?

I did a copy and paste:

Refrigerants also known as the Dupont name Freon have been removed from the market place by force with the argument that they destroy the ozone layer. The offending ingredient is supposedly chlorine. The only problem with that is you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that there are other sources of chlorine on earth. Some are produced by man and the rest is produced by nature. The most common produced by man is the chlorine used by municipal water supplies to treat water. The second most common use is laundry bleach and pool Chlorine as well as manufacturing too many uses to name. Nature releases Chlorine all the time by volcanos and the oceans. So just do the math if the earth produces millions of tons of Chlorine and refrigerants a few thousand then nature must be producing the bulk of it. The other half of the scam is if Chlorine is so damn bad then why are we using it still for all uses except refrigerants. The truth is that the patents on many of the refrigerants have expired and in order to stop other manufactures from making it we must get the government to force manufactures to stop making it. The old refrigerants were developed to be perfect never breaking down or changing chemistry, except when exposed to water the refrigerants will immediately decompose.

THE PROBLEM Except for a few honest contractors like us and I do mean few. Every one except the consumer stands to benefit from this scam. Contractors stand to make billions retrofitting systems that would otherwise work fine. Contractors stand to make billions repairing leaks and replacing equipment damaged by the new refrigerants. Contractors stand to make billions charging to recover token amounts of refrigerant from systems that are being decommissioned or discarded ($80 is the going rate to unload the recovery unit even if just 1 ounce is recovered) . While others charge the customer for recovery and vent the refrigerant anyway. The new refrigerants are not as good as the old refrigerants and attack the equipment and require special oils. The old refrigerants will last indefinitely.

The Solution Be sure not to reelect your congressional members that voted for this scam (chances are they did). Don't believe that the people who won the Nobel Prize didn't get paid off by the chemical companies to do it. You can be absolutely sure that they use chlorine in their olympic size swimming pools. Write your members of congress and ask them to repeal this act, if they don't answer then you will know they are part of it. Don't hire contractors that recommend the use of puron equipment over R22. The fact that they are recommending it means that they are cashing in on your misinformation. Believe me they will give you the best song and dance how your perfectly good working equipment is going to hurt the environment while their pool chlorine won't. For more information Please email me at the links below.

Source: Scott Meenen

Job Database Search jobs by area code, city name or salary range:

Bolaleman

According to the wizened pointy heads in white coats, there is a difference. Chlorine in the pool is ionized form, which is washed out of the air by rain. Chlorine in the refrigerants is a stable mollecule which manages to make it higher into the atmosphere.

Now, regardless of what you believe, in terms of atoms and mollecules. The cost of R-22 is way up, in the last few years. The cost of 410 A, I can't comment, not bought any.

The new stuff is supposed to work OK in terms of cooling. I can't be sure, not worked with it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then be my guest and do *without* air conditioning, when your current system needs to be replaced after 2010.... as manufacture's *can't* manufacture R-22 units after this date. So when the old units are all gone, you'll be shit out of luck and me and my clients will be in comfort with our R-410 systems!

Reply to
KJPRO

Do us a favor and don't purchase any... EVER!

I'm not sure either... equipment manufacture's keep making the units even though they don't cool. DUH!

Reply to
KJPRO

No, the new refrigerants are not as good as the old stuff, they are a hell of a lot better. R-410a is TWICE as efficient as the old R-22, and the new equipment design is a hell of a lot better. When you are actually working with it and *SEEING* the measurable results, in real life, instead of something that somebody else just like you, that doesn't have a clue either, then come chat.

Reply to
Noon-Air

And I'll be charging $100.00 per pound for R22. I've got jugs of it and am just waiting for 2010.

Reply to
What a maroon

I can't help it if your not charging enough :-)

Reply to
Noon-Air

I wonder what ever happened to Mel?

Reply to
Don Ocean

Wasn't charging enough?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

dunno... maybe he charged enough so he could retire??

Reply to
Noon-Air

NOT TRUE. The new freon (R-410A) is more deadly for humans than the old freon (R-22). I worked with it in a lab while at DuPont. Maybe you should test it in a state of the art lab, instead of superficial "working with it" observations. The new freon (R-410A) is less efficient than the old freon (R-22) and takes more power to cool the same level. The new Freon (R-410A) destroys rubber gaskets whereas the old freon (R-22) did not. This is more important in car air conditioners than in house air conditioners you work on. The patent ran out and through a truly spectacular set of lies and political maneuvering a trillion dollar fraud was made against the world. We had to replace a refrigeration unit, one of hundreds, and it cost over a million dollars I was told. But then it brought in trillions.

Facts from a rocket scientist

Reply to
Facts from a rocket scientist