Just Say Hello

Hi I'm Emily Derby I am new in the world of gardening and want tips can you help me

Reply to
Emily Drappi

Emily Drappi said

Plant seeds, water, wait, eat. :-)

Reply to
DirtBag

Thank you for your response and hope to find answers to my questions

Reply to
Emily Drappi

***You need to post where you are located how much daylight you have through the year, when you get rainfall and how much, what exposure is your garden (N.S.E.W.) as this determines what you can grow, when/if you get frost whether you plan to grow edibles or decoratives, and a lot more.

You also need to think about (dons professorial hat) how you would feel if you were, say, on a photography group, and a newbie wandered in and posted:

"=CF'm [so & so] I am new in the world of [photography] and want tips. Can you help me?"

Did you notice also some punctuation corrections?

(doffs professorial hat)

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

DirtBag said

Plant seeds, water, wait, eat. :-)

Sorry, I was trying to be humorous. I'll keep my day job. :-)

You really didn't ask any questions, but I'll offer some advice:

1) Build some raised beds, no wider than 2' and space no closer than 1' 2) Obtain some clean topsoil, and augment with clean compost 3) Start a compost pile. Run a mover over all your fall leaves and general garden greens. This stuff is golden 4) Start with something simple for your area. In my area, radishes, tomatoes, cukes, and carrot are a guaranteed crop. 5) Consider a drip irrigation system. I wish I'd do this... :-)

Just munched a couple tomatoes for dinner. Better'n sex!

Reply to
DirtBag

Maybe you should be a bit specific.

Reply to