Feeling like Noon :-)

Off to a tennant property yesterday that had problems with the A/C not cooling for days or weeks? Owner sends his son out the day before because he is new and knows all about A/C work. Unit is a Rheem 2 ton about 4 yrs old. I get there after and this unit is making all kinda noises. 120 suction and 450 head !!. Condenser coil is dirty as hell. Clean condenser and start recovering refrigerant. This unit holds 51 oz (3lb 3oz) of refrigerant. I removed............................... 10 lbs 2 oz's of R-22 refrigerant!! Just amazes me how even a rookie can screw up the charge that bad. Bubba

lmao, maybe the knuckle head thought is was 410a!