DPS Heatbanks - anyone had problems with them?

A colleague feels he's being given the runaround by Dedicated Pressure Systems after they delivered an incomplete system - anyone else had/ having trouble?

It's making me ponder who to buy from when I get around to doing ours....would be great to hear from others' experiences good or bad...

cheers

Jim

Reply to
jim

I've got one of their systems. The system itself performs extremely well, and was easy to install (I did it myself). Overall I am pleased with it. DPS/Heatweb's sales/tech support is variable though. They seem to answer only about 50% of the emails I send them. If I phone them, I don't always get the answer to my problem - it depends who I get to talk to - some are very competent, others are not. The best approach I've found is to use the skype details on their homepage: only one of which ever seems to be online (richard.dps) but he is extremely helpful and competent.

dan.

Reply to
claudia.towner

thanks dan I'll pass that on to my colleague - he seems to be stuck with a DPS sales employee who feels it's more fun to prevaricate and make excuses than actually do the job....

cheers Jim

Reply to
jim

by the way Dan,

What sizes/spec did you go for?

Also the one I (was) looking at had a 2 channel timer/controller on it (like in traditional CH setup - 1 ch for CH 1 for HW) - with a heatbank does the HW channel actually have a purpose ? as I expected that HW would be on demand 24/7??

cheers Jim

Reply to
jim

CFC500-210-BBAFA-BEAZD-H (stick this into their online System Designer).

I've got the store connected to a solar panel so it makes no sense for the HW to be on all the time. I use the HW channel to top up the tank at the end of the day to compensate for days with poor solar gains. Likewise, during winter when my woodburner's back boiler is in operation, the HW channel heats up the tank in the monring, ready for showers etc, before I've got the wood burner going.

dan.

Reply to
claudia.towner

so what do you use the other "CH" channel for ? (sorry! I don''t yet appear to be able to get my loaf around why one would need two channels to call heat to a heatbank! :>))

cheers jim

Reply to
jim

The CH channel not only `calls heat to the store', it also sets the CH pumps running, so the HW/CH channels are doing different things.

dan.

Reply to
ct

ah - right yes - thanks Jim