Blower won't turn off.

Page 1 of 2

Coleman unit. Temp set at 78 ac mode, now 68. Replaced batteries in thermostat.
brad

You need a new outdoor and indoor unit.
--
"Every living thing out there that walks, flies or squats in the
mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for Ju-Ju B's"

Call a tech that knows what he/she is doing... and no, its not gonna be the cheapest guy in the phone book.

I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.
brad
Al Gore says the consensus is that global warming will kill us all.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.
You and they are both idiots.
No offense.

And you're a knuckle head. I had to replace my stat, a old t8600 that was doing the same thing.
brad herschel wrote:

The consensus of most people, or the consensus of most people who know? :) The two can be really different, and in the case of our old Heil heatpump, the cause was always the blower controller board (more often, that board failed to turn on the blower), except when a cockroach got stuck in the contactor (kept the whole unit running). Don't try to replace these parts yourself because they work at high voltage, unlike the thermostat.
You may want to check www.HVAC-talk.com.

I've been "picking heads" and concensus is a faulty theromostat. AC pumping cold, just can't stop the fan even when turning off ac.
brad
Ok, so instead of calling a licensed, bonded, insured, professionaly trained, HVAC Tech, your trying to fix it by commitee.....
There are several different things that could be wrong... I have an idea of what it is, but without knowing a whole lot more information, or laying hands on the system, there is no way to tell for sure. Anything else would only be a guess.

Well, THAT can't be right...........
The King said that once upon a time he replaced a thermostsat and that fixed it.

Thats like saying "My car won't run right....maybe if I put a new key in the ignition..."
Note, the OP didn't state if it was the condenser fan, or the indoor blower, or if the compressor is running. or if its gas heat or electric, or if its a heat pump or straight a/c, or how old it is, or anything else. Sounds like a typical government operation... making decissions by committee without having a clue about what the actual problem is or what to do to correct it. I am going to make an assumption here and guess that the system is in a trailer.
Another question is how much ice is on the evap coil with the IDT down to 68F.

Just sayin that it could be the stat. Not that it is the problem. You act like it cant be and that aint so. If he took the wire off the G terminal at the furnace and the fan shuts off that narrows it down to two things with the most likely being the stat. Personally I dont give a damn about his problems. R U a mormon?
HVAC wrote:

That is why the King is now an employee, Rather then a HVAC Contractor. Thermostat replacement just doesn't cure every problem. Have you ever wondered what he is King of? Thermostat sales/replacement perhaps?

I like being an employee who has a steady good paying job that enables me to save 3 grand a month. You're forced to stay one step ahead of food stamps because you cant hold a regular job.
The King wrote:

I don't need a regular Job. Apparently you do. You might be careful in advertising your Monthly cash wealth. Your state has a very high crime rate due to large unemployment figures and underemployment.

Don't worry Don Ill leave some of it in your state this summer when I go to Sturgis. Ill beep my horn when I drive by your house.
For some time I've suspected that Anal Alex and a few other alias here are actually Don Ocean. Scanning a few Jew groups he trolls in that I found by using the suspect nicks in a google groups search, its confirmed. They call him donna.. lol.
Don you're such a pathetic loser.
Anal Alex can now rejoin his other selves in the bozo bin. Later douche bag.
The King wrote:

Wow! Drunk with Union Power? You were bragging about how much you make in a month. Did it ever occur to you how much your employer makes in a month? As for your traces.. You have traced nothing. Nice try though. By the way Alexander is a group. It does not have the same poster for evry post and definitely not for different news groups. It also posts from several locations. None of them Michigan. One of my coworkers finds it amusing that you are playing the game of "My Daddy can beat your Daddy" or in more succinct terms " My Dick is bigger then your Dick" Actually in the case of one of my coposters.. You are right. She doesn't have one. As for Honking in Sturgis.. I do have a cabin in Spearfish Canyon. Never there though. Some guys from California are going to use it this rally. You really should do something about those allusions and the high blood pressure. I seem to remember how you installed a furnace and A/C unit for about half of what a reputable Service company would and made lots of money on it. I guess the big money was selling them the Thermostat?

brad herschel wrote:

Hi, Poor 'stat ets first blame all the toime. Doesn't it tell you relay for blower is stick closed or energized all the time? The relay is not in the 'stat.

Learn to speak english or quit drinking and posting.