A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Ever considered joining Mensa?

I was invited to join about 45 years ago, but in the words of Groucho Marx, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"cracked " ductwork , LMFAO Better stick to refrigeration , lol

"T>Carie

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

The maintenance guy didn't fix anything... I watched him the whole time. It is as it was.

Reply to
carie_r

You are not worth for me to answer that

Reply to
Tony

Because more than 1 person is disputing whether 12:00 PM is noon, I decided to do some looking.

TvGuide.com uses it. So does DHL, a major delivery compay. They have a service called ""DHL Next Day 12:00pm" Fedex uses it too (search Google: "12:00 pm" site:fedex.com ) Then there's the loads of radio and TV stations that use it (schedules). Here's one: The TV series "24" - where each episode covers one hour.

Better idea. Who on Google uses "12:00 PM noon" as opposed to "12:00 AM noon?" -The searches below also match with "p.m." and "(noon)", the search is for a string, not words anywhere in a document. "12:00 PM noon" matches "about 195,000" documents on Google "12:00PM noon" matches "about 32,700" "12:00 AM noon" matches about 436 "12:00AM noon" matches about 49 So: Total documents using "12:00pm noon" or "12:00 pm noon" = 227,700 /

228,185 = 99.8% Total documents using "12:00am noon" or "12:00 am noon" = 485 / 228,185 = 0.2%

So (roughly) 2 people in 1000 think that 12:00am means noon. (The margin of error with this is not significant enough to matter.)

That should settle this, but of course it won't...

Ever watch a digital watch change from 11:59:59 AM to 12:00:00 PM?

Or how about this - what is 3-2? Of course it is 1. What I mean is that at 12:00:00PM half the day has already, at that instant, passed, and it is now the beginning of the second half of the day.

I could care less what some guy says on some government website. If we lived in a universe where time could move backwards, then that discussion would make more sense.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

I posted a detailed reply to the 12:00 thing elsewhere is this thread.

Reply to
carie_r

As I said in another part of this thread, Its not going to effect your base rate of pay, so who gives a rats ass.

Reply to
Noon-Air

couldn't make

Wasn't annoyed, just wondered why the change in posting style

Reply to
BobK207

mm & Logan-

Of course you two are correct in your analysis of whether noon is

12am or 12 pm

my original point was that 12am or 12pm can be (& is) confusing depending the understanding writer & the reader

but noon & midnight are unmistakable to all.......

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

12:00am in used instead of 12:00pm only around 2 times in 1,000. See my post on that elsewhere in this thread:
carie_r

thread:

I hardly ever see 12pm or 12am......

noon & midnight are MUCH more common & are nearly impossible to misconstrue because they don't need any explanation

Reply to
BobK207

In this regard, your higher education - hell, your elementary education

- clearly failed you. But you go ahead and be as wrong as you want to be.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

He wasn't curious, he didn't know what he was doing. He was ready to leave after 2 minutes, having checked to places with a probe. After I went in to a longer explaination that I put here about why it should be 20 deg different, he started looking at the unit (inside) again, and scratching his head, without actually doing that. He also looked surprised when I was 18 deg different when he checked it again. - And he knew the A/C had been off, because I told him, and he turned it on.

Reply to
carie_r

I tried handing him a notebook and pen before I said I'd follow him to his truck, and he just ignored that, but got very nervous. I then said I'd go down with him - "You have it in your truck? I'll just go down with you and write it down." When we got there he said he wouldn't give it to me. I don't think he has any contractors license at all. Of course you don't know all those details, because I abreviated down to just the relevant facts, but I do appreciate the feedback.

Reply to
carie_r

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you being sarcastic? He didn't adjust anything, he was just using something that looked like a voltmeter (and scratching his head, without actually doing that). Telling him the A/C couldn't get the apt down below 83 deg all day didn't mean anything to him.

Reply to
carie_r