A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

Just searched Google - found EPA Section 608 Certification, NEMI - TABB certification, NATE, and HVAC Excellence.

Comments?

Reply to
carie_r

I'd sure hope so!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

A $320 electric bill, ya think????

Reply to
<kjpro

Outside coil froze up too my ass!

Reply to
<kjpro

Good luck with that!!! LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Yeah, you&#39;re not footing the bill.

Reply to
<kjpro

So set it at 88 (100% savings) on a hot 105 degree day and it should cost you nothing!!!! LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

If he&#39;s not certified, and if the temperature coming out the vent is not at least 15 degrees less than the ambient temperature, then I&#39;m going to send a letter to the landlord. The landlord is required to keep the A/C in working order, and I&#39;m not responsible for outragous electric bills if they won&#39;t fix it.

Reply to
carie_r

Then by all means, get the ball a rollin.

But that doesn&#39;t require you to figure out who to call to repair the system!

Reply to
<kjpro

We&#39;d put proly a min 15 on those here.

Actually maybe good fodder for a survey....

Lessee...

Here, we got&#39;s us yup a 5 ton trane heat pump lennox ahu having uhmm 90.1 amps @ 208

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Here are few things that need to be checked.

1)Outside coil should be hosed off at least once a year. If you have access to a hose bib and a hoes you can do this yourself.

2) Air filter should be replaced monthly.

3) There may be a freon leak. Maintenance can top it off.

carie snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote in news:1183764250.640399.227540 @n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Ask them what the problem was and what they did to fix it.

Reply to
Gordon

I&#39;ve been through this. The thermostat was set at 75F, and the A/C would literally run all day and all night, and even just before dawn, the A/C would not have brought the temperature down low enough to shut off.

Apartment management came out and "fixed" it, the thing worked much better for a few weeks, then it was back how it was before.

It was an 834 sq. ft. apartment, and the electric bill was $260. My upstairs neighbor, who had an identical floor plan, never had a bill anywhere near that high.

This is as much a problem of dealing with the apartment management as it is a technical problem. As others have said, get a thermometer and measure the temperature difference between the air going in and coming out. If it can&#39;t manage 20F, it&#39;s broken. Make sure they know that. And on an issue like this, never make a maintenance request or follow-up without putting it in writing. This can be a form of their that you fill out, or it can be a quick letter that you type up. When they have a paper trail, it&#39;s much harder to "forget" about things that require work. (Apartment management companies eat, sleep, and breathe paperwork. They are constantly doing huge reports on everything and printing it all out to send to the regional office.) If they get uncooperative, send the requests by certified mail. Of course, be civil.

One final comment: it sounds like your electric bills are about double what they should be. If the apartment management denies the existence of a problem, it might be worthwhile to get your own guy to come out and look at it and tell you what kind of shape it&#39;s in. Even if this costs you $100, it&#39;ll be worth it if it results in action because you are throwing away more than that much in needless electric usage every month.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

Yeah that&#39;s something usually written right into your contract.

Now, define outragous.

You f****ng slut.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Bingo...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Hi, Carie is my ex-girlfriend, and still a friend. She&#39;s not a slut. She&#39;s not shy either. I asked her if it was okay to post this picture. Here&#39;s what your are missing. (Warning - nudity)

[URL=
at 2007-07-06
Reply to
tim_g

tim_g

On second thought, why am I rewarding you? Well, I guess even the worst of them deserve some pleasure. I really doubt you are getting anything like her.

Reply to
tim_g

tim_g

tim_g