A/C working properly? Cost -> lower temp?

And you are the third idiot (3rd) I've read that thinks alt.hvac is a protected space. Get a date!

-- Oren

Oren

You think that Google has an opinion on this matter??? You think Google is not indexing pages that contain "12:00am noon" for purposes of squewing results??? This may have something to do with your not understanding my analysis.

You say 12:00am and noon are contradictory. Yes. That's the point. You say 12:00pm and noon are mutually exclusive. You don't know what mutually exclusive means if you also think 12am and noon are contradictory. Elementary logic 101. Mutually exclusive means both can't be the case at the same time, like being pregnant and not being pregnant at the same time. This lack of logical ability and lack of grasping the meaning of commonly used phrases (mutually esclusive) could have something to do with your not understaing my analysis. (If you are going to come back and say you think 12:00am and 12:00pm are both contradictory to noon (it appears you may believe mutually exclusive means redundant, but I can't read your mind), then you need to look up contradictory. Just letting you know so you can do that in advance of replying.)

On a related note: "12:00pm" and "12:00 pm" match about 24,180,000 documents. "Mutually exclusive," which you used even though you don't know what it means, matches about 2,240,000 documents, far fewer. Do you see the point? You used something much less common than "12:00 pm" incorrectly.

Reply to
carie_r

Apparently you get enjoyment reading this, or replying to it, or maybe you are a masochist. I've tried several newsreaders, and haven't seen one that makes you read particular threads.

Reply to
carie_r

That is a very low humidity & if the conditioned space is also low in humidity the latent-heatload will be minimal, allowing the sensible heatload to be removed & transferred outside much faster. Pull down the shades & close the drapes to keep the radiant heat from entering the conditioned space. Vent the bathroom after taking showers, don't cook things that steam up the kitchen, etc., the latent heatload reduces the evaporators Sensible (or Temperature Reducing) capacity! You can do a lot to keep the heatload much lower; do those things & reduce your utility bills! - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I thought you wanted an AC fixed or at least to be enabled to be comfortable? What is this nonsense all about, winning a dumb argument.

& learn some things that can be helpful. It is all free... . - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Maybe you can read this.... Welcome to my killfile

*PLONK*
Reply to
Noon-Air

Maybe because you don't have to deal with slumlords that don't care about anything but the money going into their pocket. If her landlord cared about the tenent at all, he would have sent a pro to begin with, not some minimum wage flake.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I don't choose to do business with people of no character. So no, you're absolutely correct, I don't have to deal with slumlords. And I never will, because I will never rent from one. Or be one, either.

Reply to
Smitty Two

If you rent, and you need something fixed ,if it is not fixed in a reasonable amount of time, you send a letter to your landlord with the problem ,and that their rent money will be held in rent court until the item is fixed. I have done this many times and all problems were fixed before the rent was due. J.

Reply to
jheller

We don't know yet that he's a slumlord. IIRC he had the AC fixed a month ago and while the guy might not have fixed it right, maybe this is a new problem, and it did last 3 weeks to a month.

IIRC, it's the same guy this time. Maybe the guy knows how to fix some problems and not others, or he was having a bad day, or his wife left him, his kids in jail for drunken driving, and he's having a bad week. Yes I know a pro should still do good work, but one can't count on "should".

Or perhaps the company isn't very good, and the LL hired it precisely because they are cheap. But maybe it's not even so cheap, but the company itself is deteriorating, without the knowledge of the landlord. Perhaps the owner is gambling and losing company money (let's say it's a company he owns lock stock and barrell so it's not even illegal what he's doing) so he's had to hire cheaper people than he should. There are loads of things that the LL won't know about for a while, especially if the employee is able to portray the tenant as unreasonable.

What if your building is sold to a new landlord, like mine was.

I sure hope not. I hope everyone's good plans go well. But what happens if your wife or kid has medical bills beyond your insurance, and the only way to raise the money is by bleeding your rental properties.

What I would do is bleed my rental properties or sell them, but I can imagine that it's a bad seller's market and I think I only need another 20,000 and I can keep the property and catch up later. Then another 20 grand, etc.

I don't think you would plan to become a slumlord, but things happen.

Reply to
mm

That's not the law everywhere**. In some places, rural places for example are especially likely places, there is no rent court that will hold money until something is fixed. Laws are passed all the time, and repealed once in a while, and I don't do this for a living or know about the entire nation, but I'm sure this is the situation in lots of places.

There may be whole states where that is not the law.

**It's not the procedure in NYC even, though it has very strong pro-tenant laws.

Reply to
mm

Yeah, whatever, like that happens everyday.

You're still a clueless twit!

Reply to
<kjpro

And the simple minded people STILL can&#39;t comprehend it. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Cause he/she is an idiot. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

running" We were merely harping on the fashion in which the original

It&#39;s the "details" that you missed that started your stupid ass argument!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

I think you&#39;re missed it

Reply to
BobK207

Logan Shaw wrote in news:468ff118$0$30622 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Yes it would smartass. You know I ment Hose.

Reply to
Gordon

"I think you&#39;re missed it"

I&#39;m not the one questioning the run time of her air conditioning system!

Reply to
<kjpro

You like oversized systems, bigger is better, Eh?

Reply to
<kjpro

Prior to that, I did not know that this was not your first summer in this apartment. Faced with that new information, I would say your air conditioner is in fact broken.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw