Well it's starting to get cold around here so I decided to turn the furnace
on for the winter but it's not working properly. It only worked once and
that was about 24 hours after I turned the thermostat up. It worked for
about 15 minutes. Here's what's happening from my observation:
1. Thermostat calls for heat.
2. Furnace motor starts
3. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns on
4. Furnace makes a clicking noise and ignitor turns off after 10 seconds
5. Furnace motor still running
6. Two minutes later, ignitor turns on
7. Ignitor turns off after 10 seconds
8. Repeats 5-7 and then motor shuts off.
There's nothing wrong with the ignitor, it's glowing bright orange and I can
feel the heat from 15 inches away. I don't know if the gas is being released
because the fan is too loud. It's an Amana 80. Does anyone know what's wrong