two articles

Page 4 of 4
Billy wrote: ...

ribbeted for someone's garden pleasure...
songbird

Exactly so. The Greeks considered intelligence obscure, and there was nothing more obscure than the croaking of frogs. To make it clearer, I'd suggest the movie "Munich", directed by David Spielberg.
--
- Billy
Billy wrote:

This is known as poking the possum. With usenet you have a very long stick.
David

WOW, That is exactly what I did two nights ago! My little dog was barking constantly. A possum under my back deck. I poked the possum with a 10 foot paint pole. Now I know the phrase has a double meaning, cool.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

I'll believe it, when I see it.
See you when you come crawling back. I'll look forward to the dialogue in the spirit that you have engendered, MF.
buen viaje
--
Part of the problem with interplanting kale, cabbage, and potatoes is
the I need to wait for the kale, and cabbage, before I can dig up the

about knee-high. The corn is late and looks spindly until it outgrows the shade of the potatoes, but the shade helps keep down the weed growth. Steve

But corn should be planted in blocks of at least 4 X 4, no? C C C C C P C P C C C C C or C P C P C C C C C C P C P C C C C C with a spacing of 10" C P C P C
And what do you mean by the corn is late, late ripening? I'm dealing with restricted sunshine (6 hr. full), so I'm planting Golden Bantam, which normally is 78 days, but 110 days for me. Actually, I'm not growing much corn, except as an experiment to see if I can get it to acclimate to my growing conditions. This is year 5.
Thanks.
--
- Billy

It may not be possible in a short growing season. My season (frost-free) is about 5/10- 10/10. Potatoes are usually planted in late March and by early June have been hilled the last time. I'll take my pointed hoe and pull a furrow between the potato rows, plant and cover the corn a couple of feet at a time. The corn grows a little slowly until it gets above the potatoes but then takes off utilizing otherwise wasted space. It's just simple row cropping but doubling up on the space. Both yield fine, by the time I'm pulling roasting ears the potato vines have mostly died. HTH, Steve The rows are: PPPPPPPP CCCCCCC PPPPPPPP CCCCCCC

Understood. Thank yo.
--
- Billy